New York, New York

I BELIEVE IN YOU AND ME
                                 ♥
                New York, New York

"THIS IS CRAZY" I ran down the stairs and straight into the room where I knew my family had prepared breakfast. "I'M GOING TO NEW YORK GUYS! I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M GOING!!! AAAAHHH!" I just stood there, smiling, I looked at my mom who looked at me with the same smile. I looked at my sister who just laughed, and at my dad who shook his head. I sat down at the table, although it was nearly impossible. I just kept talking, faster and faster and with more excitement with every word. My dad lifted up the coffee can and raised his eyebrows, which meant he didn't want to interrupt me but was still wondering if I wanted coffee. I nodded, although this was one of those days when I absolutely wouldn't need my coffee.

I put on my baby blue crop top. The one I bought two years ago when I got my first job. It says 'GIRL POWER' in white capitalized letters on the front. It's so soft and has been my favourite ever since. I pulled out my drawer, looking at myself in the mirror above at the same time. My eyes were sparkling, filled with excitement. I don't know if you should call them green or brown. I guess it depends on the lighting, but at this moment they shone green. My brown hair fell down my shoulders in bouncy curls that (lucky me) had survived the night. I picked up my favourite distressed bootcut jeans and made an attempt to pull them on but my toe got stuck in the hole on the knee;I laughed to myself as I tried again. I put on some mascara and threw the bottle into my handbag, along with some perfume, my hairbrush and my toothbrush. My little sister came into my room and sat down beside me.
"I can't believe you're actually going." she said with a slightly crooked smile. I went to give her a big hug.
"I mean Merc left a year ago, but it went so quickly for you and I'll be all alone and I will miss you" she mumbled all at once into my hair. I pulled her from me, one hand on each shoulder and looked her deep into her dark brown eyes.
"I love you so much".

I was rushing up and down the stairs, not just once but maybe five times.I had forgotten so many things- my earplugs, my diary, my passport. Finally I patted my cat on the head for the last time and said goodbye to my house. The place I'd lived  in all my life. It was time to say goodbye. Not only to all the material stuff, the comfort and my friends, but also my home. This was it, I was leaving. I jumped into the car and took a long look at the yellow villa and at all the big trees that held apples. How I'm going to miss how we used to bake, all three of us. All our cookies and our apple pies. This kinda sad version of excitement filled me up. The car started and I waved a slow goodbye. 

All the way to the airport we played our old favourite songs. We talked about how much fun I was going to have, how many new friends I'd make by the time they would next see me. Mom wrote down some addresses and good numbers to have, i folded the paper and put it in my handbag. I double checked that I had brought the camera, my ticket, my passport and my wallet.  The whole family sang along to Maroon 5's 'Moves like Jagger' while we drove into the parking at Arlanda. Dad lifted out my luggage, which didn't consist of much since I'd probably want to buy a lot of new stuff. We walked to the check-in queue and mom took a lot of pictures of me standing there by myself. I swear I have thousands of those pictures, but with my sisters, from all our family trips. I checked in my bag and we moved along to security check. The place where I had to say goodbye.
I hugged my mother, "Bella, take care. Don't do anything dumb and have FUN" she said. I smiled at her and moved on to my sister.
"I'm going to miss you so much!!! CALL ME and send pictures and take care!!" I gave her an extra hug. My dad looked at me, eyes filled with love. I buried my face in his shirt and took a deep breath. I didn't really want to let go, although I had to. I let go and walked to the queue. As I looked back they where still there, waving. Dad was still taking pictures and my sister was hugging our mom.

"Shoes off?" I smiled at security, a middle aged man that didn't look that happy at all.
"Off." Okay, maybe he had had a rough night. I took off my shoes and put them in a little box and did the same with my leather jacket and my handbag. I walked through, praying for no 'beep'. No beep was heard and I smiled at the girl holding the scanner and picked up my things. One hour to boarding and I went by Victoria's Secret, smelling all their new perfumes and body mists. I ended up buying one, remembering how my mom had told me she always bought a new perfume while going somewhere new. Apparently memories can be stored and then recalled by smells, and I wanted to save all that was to come. I opened the bottle and sprayed the sweet scent all over myself and my bag. Smiling to myself and filled with excitement, I went to the café and bought a latte. I sat down beside the window and watched plane after plane take off. Soon, that would be me, leaving Stockholm for real, getting my own life started, all by myself. I took a sip of my coffee.