Chapter 6: The Promise

"Quick!" The male Trucanasor ordered the blue Pearl, while opening the big and full netted bag to her. "Get in."

"W-What?" She replied in shock and slight disgust, taking a half of a step away from the dead organic life.

"Please, trust me." He pleaded rapidly, "This is the only the place where they can't find you."

"Who's they?"

"I'll explain later. Just please get in, before it's too late."

For the first time, she saw his sharp eyes softened. She looked at him with confusion and weary suspicion. She couldn't understand his eyes. When she first met him, those eyes would strike fear instantly into the core of her being. But now...they were gentle yet concerned. They were tender yet pleading, almost kind in a way. In the sunlight, she could have sworn that his eyes looked sweet...which was a bewildering thought to her. She couldn't understand why he was doing this. She asked herself why he was helping her instead of handing her over to a potential predator in the jungle or to the warriors of his kind.

"I promise," He whispered, "I won't let them find you."

Despite her better conscious, she jumped into his bag and used the furry yet dead body to cover herself. She curled herself into a crunched sitting position, with her back against his back. When she took a breath in, and then instantly let out a small gagging sound. She had to cover her mouth and nose due to the disgusting smell of the carcass. She had never smelt something so utterly putrid.

"Sorry." He apologized to her quietly.

Quickly, his head perked away from the bag on his back. He sniffed the air. "They're here. Stay low."

Coming from the north, three large Truncanasors emerged from the lush jungle. They all came in three distinct colors. The one in the middle was the largest of three and his skin was pure onyx. The one on his left was yellow, while the one on his right was navy blue. Like the Truncanasor holding the netted bag, they still had the red spots on the sides of their necks, legs, arms, and on top of their heads. They still had black, yellow, and red narrow eyes with incredible jaws, beaks, and sharp teeth. They still had the large spiked yellow fins on the back of their heads, but each of their fins varied in size. The black one had the shortest fin, while the navy blue one had the tallest fin. The yellow Truncanasor had a slightly curved fin. Unlike our friendly Truncansor, these Truncansors only had brown loincloths, red-ish helmets, spears, swords, and other weapons to protect them.

"Hey Boar!" yelled our trapper Truncansor, waving his claw to the group.

The leader named Boar directed his gaze over to the friendly call. His narrow eyes lightened slightly when he saw the green Truncanasor. However, his expression still remained serious and emotionless. His two comrades, on the other claw, had expressions far more deadpan than their leader's.

"Ah. Greggor." Boar spoke out, strolling towards the small pond. His comrades followed after him.

"Fancy seeing you here." Boar commented in his usual deep yet monotone voice.

Boar looked over Greggor's shoulder to observe the netted bag on his back. "I see that the trapping went well today."

"It sure did." Greggor replied with a big grin. Soon, his grin became a smirk, "How generous of you to notice brother."

Boar rolled his eyes at his brother's remark,"Tell me, where ever did you find this Weer buck?"

Boar sniffed the air above Greggor's head and added, "It doesn't smell like it came from the southern hills."

"Well, you wouldn't believe it brother," Greggor answered with his persistent smirk, "but I found this beauty near the Aqua-Sa river."

"The Aqua-Sa river? That's odd. Weer never travel to the Aqua-Sa. Especially from the southern hills."