Chapter 12

Amy's POV

The next morning I was awoken by the sweet smell of food. I sat up in bed to see Simon standing next to me, with a tray in his hands.
"Good morning beautiful, sleep well?" He asked me, smiling.
"Morning, yes I did thanks" I replied. "I made you breakfast" he said as he put the tray on my lap.

I looked down to see a plate of pancakes covering in syrup. They looked really good. "Thank you" I said as I picked up the fork and took a bite. It tastes just as good as it looks.
Simon then sat down on the bed next to me.
"I want to take you out today, to make up for yesterday" he told me.

"Wait, you're actually going to spend the day with me?" I said shocked. "Yes, I feel horrible after yesterday so I'm not doing any work today and spending the day with my beautiful girlfriend" he said, giving me a wink.
"What if you get called by your manager?" I asked.
"Then I'm gonna tell him straight, I'm not leaving you today" he said.

"Well it's about time you told them straight" I said giggling. "Exactly, so what do you say? Wanna go out today?" He asked me. "Yes, of course" I replied smiling.
"Perfect, now eat up and get dressed. We'll leave in an hour" he said as he got up from the bed and left the room.

*1 hour later*
We were finally ready to go out, as we got into Simon's car. Simon has decided to take us to London, seeing as that was the original plan for yesterday. I guess we can still celebrate our anniversary, just a day late. At least Simon is trying and that makes me happy.

We finally arrived in London, where we decided to take a nice stroll alongside the river. He was holding my hand and it made forget all about what happened the day before. As we were walking Simon's phone went off, he rolled his eyes as he answered it.
"Yes" he said, with an annoyed tone in his voice.

I couldn't quite hear what the person on the phone was saying but I could tell Simon wasn't happy.
"No I'm not doing it today.. I told you that. Because I'm spending the day with my girlfriend.. Well then you're gonna have to wait, bye" he said as he hung up the phone.

"Sorry about that" he said smiling at me. "Is everything ok?" I asked, concerned. "Yeah, it was just my manager. He wants me to do more interviews but they can wait" he explained.
"Let's just forget about that for today and have fun" I said as I kissed him.
"I couldn't agree more" Simon said before taking my hand and leading us to a nearby restaurant.

*1 hour later*
We had just finished eating food at a very nice restaurant. The food was delicious but something wasn't right. Simon was very distracted while we were in the restaurant. He kept going on his phone and it looked like he was texting someone.

I asked him who he was talking to and he told me it was no one. But if it was no one, then surely you wouldn't spend all that time texting them. It's probably his manager, constantly wanting him to do things. Just for one day, I just wish they would leave him alone, so we can enjoy the day with no interruptions.

"So what shall we do now?" I asked as we walked out of the restaurant.
"Huh? What did you say?" Simon asked, as he glanced up from his phone. He's not even paying attention to me, who could he be talking to?

Sorry for no update yesterday, I was out with my friends and didn't get back till 1am. I was slightly tipsy, whoops haha
I hope you all have a great day :)
❤️