Chapter One: Strawberries And The Knock

"Sweet heart, here's the sweet part. It's five am and your lips are still amazing, but they can't stop stop me from falling off the roof top singin',"

 Tapping my foot as I licked my lips, my face angled up at the storming grey clouds and smirked at them, "What planet are you from? And are all the lights on? I don't know how to talk to you-"

"Darcy, stop singing that shit and get your ass over here"

"Yes Mum" I groaned and climbed back through my window and started towards the stairs, "What would you like mum?"

"I have a date - can you handle yourself for tonight?" I saw my mum - who is actually my aunt running around in a short black dress while trying to put her earrings in.

I sat on the stairs and watched her run around, "Yes mum" I put my chin on my hand as my eyes followed her around as she hopped around, trying to put her heels on.

"Have fun tonight, don't stay out to late or I'll call the cops"

My aunt rolled her eyes at me, "Please baby girl, I'm the adult, you're the child-"

"Sixteen isn't a child mum" I mused as she stops and turns around at me.

"Don't be an idiot, you're a child-"

"And you're late" I interrupted her, staring at the clock on the wall and she gasps.

"Don't answer the door - your dinners in the fridge"

"Okay - don't do any hanky panky tonight though, don't particularly want to wake up to those noises again" 

Her face reddens, "I'm leaving now"

"You do that" I mused, and shakes her head at me and walked out of the house. Standing up I walked over to the front door and locked it before I walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge, only to grab some strawberries and chocolate. 

Turning on the stove I put the chocolate into a pot and started to melt the delicious chocolate before I started to sing again, "I wanna love you, but I better not touch, I wanna hold you, but my senses tell me to stop, I wanna kiss you, but I want it too much"

I sang, fiddling with my red and white striped pull over as I watched the chocolate melt into chocolate liquid.

After a while I took the pot off of the stove and sat on the kitchen counter, dipping the straw berries into the chocolate ooze and bit into the bottoms, pfft, dinner? When I can have chocolate coated strawberries in its place?

I heard a knock on the front door and I looked up before I slowly put the pot down as well as the packet of strawberries and walked to the front door. Un-locking it I open it to see a guy in a suit with a hand of flowers.

"Umm, h-hi. I was looking for Sarah Collins?"

What the...

"Why?"

"I'm an old friend"

"Well sorry, you're four years to late" I went to close the door but he pushed the door back open.

"What do you mean?" he stares at me in confusion and I sighed.

"My mum's dead, died of a brain tumour. She's three streets away, in the cemetery"

The man stood there for a moment before he burst into tears, "Woah - dude, are you okay?" I stared at the man who looked to be thirty something, crying on the my door step over my mum's death.

"S-she's dead?"

"Yeah..."

"Wait - mum? Was she married?" he looked hopeful through the red puffy eyes and tear stained face.

"No, she never married..."

He sniff's, rubbing his snotty nose on his sleeve.

"Did she adopt you then?"

"No - listen, I don't know who you are and what my mother was to you, but you need to leave. My aunt's gone out on a date and I wasn't meant to open the door, so can you...?"

"Woah" he stared at me for a second and I gave him a weird look.

"I'm going to close the wall now" I stepped back and this time I slammed the door shut in his face before I locked it and walked back into the kitchen before I stared at the pot and strawberries...

Not hungry anymore I turned and jogged up the stairs before I entered my room, closing that door too.

Walking back over to my window I was about to close the curtains when I noticed the crying weirdo still standing on the door step... 

I yanked the curtain closed and dropped down onto the bed and then stared up at the roof, who is that guy? He cried more than the other three people who came to my mum's funeral - besides me that is.

Turning over I grabbed my iPod and tapped play, Joker and the Thief by WolfMother started playing.

Rubbing my face I got up and walked over to my desk and plopped down on the seat, staring at my computer I clicked the mouse, making it come alive before I clicked on messenger and saw that Declan had messaged me.

Declan Moore: Hey short ass, wondering if you're free this Friday night?

Ronnie Collins: Of course, I'm anti-social, remember?

Declan Moore: Good, 'cause I got us a gig.

Ronnie Collins: No. Freaking. Way.

Declan Moore: Yes way

Ronnie Collins: Next time I see you I am so kissing you

Declan Moore: Ew, girl cooties

Ronnie Collins: Please honey, you're lucky to even get to be offered this oppurtunity

Declan Moore: Of course I am Darcy

Ronnie Collins: Oi, use my middle name please, the first name sounds fucking terrible

Declan Moore: Okay Rebbeca

Ronnie Collins: ... I am no longer you friend any more jerk ward.

Declan Moore: Rebecca is your middle name you idjit

Ronnie Collins: USE MY NICK NAME FROM MY MIDDLE NAME YOU MEAN AMIGO.

I exited the messenger room and then clicked on this really old site called Wattpad to read some stories, not before long I was engulfed in some story with ghost's and paranormal things to even care about the man who was still sitting on my door step in a nervous wreck.

Though at the back of my mind I was curious about how he knew my mum, but that curiosity was quickly crushed when the main character got stabbed in the heart, oh god... this is going to get juicy with betrayal, isn't it?