Chapter 3

Haylie's P.O.V

I woke up startled, shocked and confused,

I turned to see Logan laying down next to me in his sleeping bag. His dark chocolate brown hair scruffy and tousled all over. Just looking at him made me blush.

I got up and got dressed into my white and blue striped t-shirt, black leggings, blue jumper and my favourite black high tops while he was sleeping. As I started heading down to the lake I stopped and admired the view.

The sky was like a canvas of purples, oranges, yellows and pinks. The birds chirped their morning songs, while the waterfall's beautiful, crystal water rushed down the rocks and into the lake. I breathed in the sweet fresh scent of the forest as I walked down the soft green grass to the lake. I cupped my hands and splashed my face with the ice cold water. I tied my hair up into a quick pony tail and started splashing about in the lake. When I was walking back to the 'camp' I saw that Logan has changed into new clothes and is rolling his sleeping bag.

"Hey," I said walking up to him tapping him on his shoulder, he turned around and smiled.

Logan's P.O.V

I was wondering where she was till I felt a slight tap on my back. I turned around and there she was, giving me a sly grin, her hair tied in a ponytail with a blue and white stripy top that ends at her belly button. I blushed and gave a goofy grin, which I now regret. She laughed and started to pack up her stuff. I watched her for a bit and then continued to pack.

▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶

Finally it was time to look for the next clue at the waterfall. We walked around the waterfall for ages trying to find a clue. Hours later Haylie found a mysterious bunch of vines shaped like a door. It looked like there was a doorway behind it. I reached out and pushed aside the sticky vines to reveal a opening into the rock that runs behind the waterfall.

The waterfall crashed so loudly that we had to shout over each other just to hear what we need to say. The hard, wet rocks pressed against us making us have to go in a line. I switched on my torch and shone it around, rock after rock after rock. How are we meant to find a clue here?

"Logan, over here!" cried Haylie. I walked over to her to see her with her hand on the rock squinting. I asked her what it is and shone the light on the rock. Something was carved into it but it's too hard to read. I wonder what it says....................

A/N Hey guys hope you like the shorter chapter I wonder what the carving in the rock says....   Have you been enjoying the book so far? (lol only 484 words)