Chapter 4

Haylie's P.O.V

"Travel far north-west to the depths and don't be afraid of the murky waters. Something will stop you from passing, but trust me you'll swing it. On the other side is the second last point to the portal. Look for something that doesn't meet the eye completely......"

I look over to Logan, he shrugs and scratches his head. 'What murky waters is it talking about, and what does it mean by we'll swing it?' I thought. Logan suggested that we should get out and think about it in the open, the fresh air will help us think.

We sit on the rock dangling our feet over the edge, Logan's lays down, hands behind head breathing deeply. After many minuets he jolts up and shouts "I GOT IT!"

"WHAT? WHAT IS IT?" I shout, excited that we're finally going somewhere. "The murky waters are a swamp and we need to travel north- west till we find it!" He declares, his face shining. "Cool!, what does you'll swing it mean though? I asked ruining the excitement. "I'm not sure, but when we get there we'll find out" replied Logan. He jumped up and used his trusty compass to find north-west.

▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶

Sweat trickled down my forehead as my feet plodded along the forest floor. The sun shone brightly while we trekked on. Flies buzzed by while I carry my bag which feels like a tonne! Logan pushes aside some bushes and we see heaven. Another crystal blue lake spread ahead of us, one path led to a lookout and another continued on our journey. I squealed and ran toward the lake ripping of my jumper, rolling up my pants and kicking of my shoes. I jumped in the lake splashing and laughing, Logan came running over too. He rolled up his pants, took of his shoes and jumped in too.

He started splashing water at me as I laughed and jumped on him dumping him under water, he put me on his shoulders and we waded around the lake. The sun was so hot that he took off his top and dived under the water while I waded around. I splashed my face with the water and undid my pony tail. He resurfaced his hair flat and soaked. I blushed, he was topless after all. His abs toned and sharp. He smiled before he started splashing water on me again, I giggled and we wrestled in the water.

Logan's P.O.V

She sat on the grass wringing her hair and tying her hair back into a ponytail. I lay my top on a rock so it can dry with the rest of the soaked clothes. I took my backpack and took out some apples, sandwiches and some chocolate. I sat down and started munching on my sandwich, Haylie came over and started eating with me. Its 12:00 and the sun is at its highest we moved over to the shade feeling refreshed from our little swim in the lake. We chatted about how long we think we still have till we get to lake and if we would get there by tonight.

After a short break, we got up and changed back into our normal clothes. We started down the trail again dragging our bags up the hill.

▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶

The sky darkens, I feel like we've been walking forever, my heart beats like crazy as I take gasping breathes. We've been walking past fields, gas stations, up hills and through forests. I check my watch 9:30. Ugh! "Haylie let's find a place to sleep for tonight." I declare gasping. Haylie smiled and replied "Tired already sweetie?" "Shut up" I reply smirking. We settle down on grass ready for a long tedious night.

A/N Hey guys, sorry if the story's so boring but trust me, soon they will get to Gemonia and then the danger will happen. I hope you enjoyed the story so far.

Haylie's P.O.V

Thunder, lighting, rain.

Water bucketed down as lighting flashed down the black sky as the thunder rumbled. Logan and I grabbed our stuff and ran to a nearby cave. I was soaked through and shivering by the time we got there. Our sleeping bags are completely soaked through. I sat down in the cave shuddering, my teeth chattering. Logan came over and wrapped his jumper around me, we sat there huddled in the cave as water poured down, lighting flashed and leaves whirled. Logan put his arms around me, his strong arms protecting me. Branches were flying around making loud thuds, as they hit against rocks and snapped to pieces. I have no idea how we are going to survive this storm .