The "_ is not a _" copypastas.

Mountain Lion - lion.

Here's the thing. You said a "mountain lion is a lion." Is it in the same family? Yes. No one's arguing that. As someone who is a scientist who studies lions, I am telling you, specifically, in science, no one calls mountain lions "lions". If you want to be "specific" like you said, then you shouldn't either. They're not the same thing. If you're saying lion family" you're referring to the taxonomic grouping of Felidae, which includes things from house cats to ocelots to tigers. So your reasoning for calling a mountain lion a lion is because random people "call the big ones lions?" Let's get panthers and leopards in there, then, too. Also, calling someone a human or an ape? It's not one or the other, that's not how taxonomy works. They're both. A mountain lion is a mountain lion and a member of the lion family. But that's not what you said. You said a mountain lion is a lion, which is not true unless you're okay with calling all members of the lion family lions, which means you'd call house cats, tigers, and other cats lions, too. Which you said you don't. It's okay to just admit you're wrong, you know?

Trilby - fedora.

Here's the thing. You said a "trilby is a fedora." Is it in the same family? Yes. No one's arguing that. As someone who is an atheist who studies euphoria, I am telling you, specifically, in atheism, no one calls trilbys fedoras. If you want to be "specific" like you said, then you should too. They're not the same thing. If you're saying "fedora family" you're referring to the euphoric grouping of le reddit army, which includes things from neckbearded gentlesirs to highly intelligent intellectual like myself.
So your reasoning for calling a trilby a fedora is because random people "say that only neckbeards wear fedoras?" Let's get Mountain Dew and Doritos in there, then, too.

Espresso - coffe.

Here's the thing. You said a "espresso is coffee." Is it in the same family? Yes. No one's arguing that. As someone who is a Barista who studies Coffee, I am telling you, specifically, in Coffee, no one calls espresso "coffee." If you want to be "specific" like you said, then you shouldn't either. They're not the same thing. If you're saying "coffee family" you're referring to the taxonomic grouping of potio aquam arabica, which includes things from French Press to Drip Coffee. So your reasoning for calling Espresso Coffee is because random people call "Espresso" "Coffee"? Let's get Frappes and Instant Coffee in there, then, too. Also, calling someone a human or an ape? It's not one or the other, that's not how taxonomy works. They're both. Espresso is espresso and a member of the coffee family. But that's not what you said. You said Espresso is Coffee, which is not true unless you're okay with calling all members of the Coffee family Coffee, which means you'd call Frappés and Coffee-flavored syrup "Coffee" too. Which you said you don't. It's okay to just admit you're wrong, you know?

Chipmunk - ground squirrel.

Here's the thing. You said a "chipmunk is a ground squirrel." Is it in the same family? Yes. No one's arguing that. As someone who is a scientist who studies squirrels, I am telling you, specifically, in science, no one calls chipmunks ground squirrels. If you want to be "specific" like you said, then you shouldn't either. They're not the same thing. If you're saying "squirrel family" you're referring to the taxonomic grouping of Sciuridae, which includes things from prairie dogs to flying squirrels to marmots. So your reasoning for calling a chipmunk a ground squirrel is because random people "call the small ones ground squirrels?" Let's get mountain beavers and dormice in there, then, too. Also, calling someone a human or an ape? It's not one or the other, that's not how taxonomy works. They're both. A chipmunk is a chipmunk and a member of the squirrel family. But that's not what you said. You said a chipmunk is a squirrel, which is not true unless you're okay with calling all members of the squirrel family chipmunks, which means you'd call prairie dogs, marmots, and other rodents squirrels, too. Which you said you don't. It's okay to just admit you're wrong, you know?