Prologue

This is it..

It's time to finally meet the guy my father chose for me. As I sit here waiting, I keep on thinking if ganito din kaya ang pakiramdam ni Kuya the first time he met his wife?

Kinakabahan kung sino

Hindi mapakali

at umaasa na sana isang panaginip lang.

as I wait, I looked around trying to keep myself calm. Sobrang tahimik sa paligid na ang tanging naririnig ko lang ay ang music habang nakatayo yung mga waiter sa may gilid ng room waiting to be called.

Habang si Dad naman, nakadikit ang mata sa phone niya gaya ng dati. He's a very private and straightforward Man. Makakausap mo lang kapag may nangyari o mangyayari sa business namin o sa school ko at gaya ngayon, he rent the whole restaurant just for us and for his guest.

" Are you okay? " ang tanong ni Dad saakin as he reach for my hand and squeeze it. I smiled at him and nod my head saka ko kinuha ang cappuccino na inorder ko. The scent and the taste put me at ease 'cause it reminds me of my dearest mother.

It's really like her. 

Sweet but also strong.

She is always been the woman of Intelligence and elegance that many of their collegues admire and respect her. If I say so, I see my mother as a Queen of her own.

I never saw any weakness in her even at times when things get a little rough, she has always something to suggest and always open to listen. She doesn't know how to quit and always very supportive.

That's how I always see my mother. And even at the very last minute, even at her last breath, She showed no fear and died peacefully.

My mother died because of Cancer and funny it may seem, kahit anong gawin namin, no matter how much we spend just to cure her, money isn't enough to save her.

and I thought, Maybe if she's still alive, things would have been different. Hindi siguro kami ipagkakasundo ni Dad sa ibang lalake na hindi naman namin mahal. Maybe she could change his mind. And maybe he would listen because that's how it was.

But, eversince my mother died..so does my father. He burried his heart together with her that he doesn't care anymore if okay pa ba saamin ang mga decisions na ginagawa niya para saamin.

Mahirap man para saakin sundin si Dad, I have to be brave and give him what he wants. Because I made a promise to Mom that I won't leave Dad alone.

I'll stay by his side no matter what the situation is.. We will always love him.

Sometimes I still wonder if, nakikita ba ni mama ang mga nangyayari.. how things had change since she left..and if she somehow feel happy of what our family become.

" I know you'll like this boy Cat. " ang sabi ni Dad as he smiles at me. I smile back and remain silent thinking what if I don't?but I never said a word. Wala din naman mababago...

" By the way Dad, " I said trying to be communicative. " Where's he studying again? I didn't get to hear you yesterday because I was so excited to see ate Cass. " I added.

" He's studying at–" ang sabi ni Dad sabay tayo nang makita niya ang papalapit na tao.  They both look so old yet, As they both walk toward us with their smile I knew na kung buhay si Mama, magkakasundo sila. They have this kind of warm feeling around them. Especially the woman.

" Hi.." ang sabi ng babae at nakipagkamay saamin ni Dad at ganun din naman ang husband niya.

" you must be Catherine.." ang sabi ng babae ng makaupo sila. I smiled and nod my head as Dad proceeded to ask where their son is after calling a waiter and ordered a champaigne for all of us. Silang dalawa lang kasi ang dumating and I believe, kinakabahan si Dad na baka hindi pumayag ang anak nila.

The only reason why he's doing this is just because of our business. He's afraid to loose the business he and Mom built kaya naman naiintindihan ko kung bakit kailangan niyang gawin ito. Still, I felt a bit bad dahil as far as I know, Tradition na ang fix marriage sa family ni Dad and Mom promised  that it won't happen to us. But, apparently Mom died and kasabay nuon ang mabagal na pagtaas ng Business namin.. kaya nagcontinue kay Dad ang tradition.

After makaalis ng waiter, Dad introduces them to me. Yung lalake, his name is Robert Valdovino. He's a little shorter to my father and rounder not to mention his hair is Brunette and has alot of strands of silver just like Dad's. He has also this thick moustache that made him look like the prince's father in Cinderella . On the other hand, the woman is thinner but shorter than her husband and I wonder if their son is short too. anyway, her name is Elizabeth Valdovino. With her smile so bright, I could guess that she has alot of friends that adores her. But, wrinkles draw at the side of her eyes revealing how old she is. Her hair is short  and curly with the caramel color.

" okay lang ba kung male-late siya ng kaunti?..may tinatapos lng siya na report. " ang sabi ni Mrs. Valdovino giving her best smile to please us. Okay lang naman kay Dad and ganuon din naman saakin.

" So..I see that your daughtet here is as beautiful as her mother James. " ang sabi ng lalake at Dad nod his head with pride. " I believe, She's also like her mother..not only beautiful but intelligent as well." ang dagdag pa niya.

" Offcourse. she's been doing great to her studies and she's also the selected School president at her school. Not to mention she has been ever since she got into high school. " ang pagyayabang naman ni Dad. I'm glad that he's proud of me of all the achievements that I've accomplished and I felt that so does mom. Napataas ang kilay ng mag-asawa showing admiration. Kaya naman I blushed a little as I smile at them.

" That's very impressive! " ang sabi ni Mr. Valdovino as he scratch the middle of his eyebrows. " I'm sure you and my son will get along just fine now that he's also as smart as you. He can speak 5 languages including tagalog you know? " he added feeling so proud of his son. Ako naman ang naimpress habang tumango-tango lang si Dad. While chatting dumating naman ang waiter para iserve ang champaigne filling each of our glasses.

" So.. what School are you studying hija? " ang tanong ni Mrs. Valdovino.

" AlphaMega School po. " I said. Nanlaki naman ang mata niya showing that she was surprised. Offcourse, AlphaMega is a School for elites. The A from all the A's.Who would have thought na duon nagaaral ang anak ng lalakeng pabagsak na ang company?

" AlphaMega as the School of Elites.." ang pagkaklaro niya kaya confident at taas noo kong sinagot ang tanong niya. "Opo..." ang sagot ko. Bigla siyang natawa as if natutuwa siya sa narinig niya. " Bakit po? " ang tanong ko sa kaniya. I felt a bit offended and regreted what I thought about her the first time I glance at her.

" Hija... " ang sabi niya saka pinatong ang kamay niya sa kamay ko. " You and our son are studying at the same School! " ang natutuwang sabi niya. I don't know how to act and I don't know kung anong itsura ko sa sobrang bigla. Nanigas ako sa kinauupuan ko the moment she said that me and her son are studying at the same school. Wala naman kasi akong natipuhan sa School..and aside from that, I don't want to expect the worst. 

" Ah! yes! Same School nga pala kayo ni Claud." Ang dagdag pa ni Mr. Salvador. Claud? mukhang maganda naman pangalan niya.. sana pati ugali niya. Still, I never heard his name. Medyo Familiar but, wala naman akong kilala sa school na Claud ang pangalan.

" Nandito na pala siya. " ang sabi ni Dad looking straight kaya naman lumingon sila Mr. and Mrs. Valdovino sa gawi kung saan nakatingin si Dad and as for me ..

Well..gusto kong himatayin sa kinauupuan ko as he look at me habang papalapit siya with his eyebrows stitched together.

" Catherine, This is our son..Claudious Damon Valdovino"

I don't know who said that sa sobrang hindi ako makapaniwala parang nawala ako sa kasalukuyan kong mundo. By hearing his name and finally meeting him, the memories hit me so hard making my head spin.

of all the guy na pwede kong maging fiance, Why does it have to be this guy?!