KAUN TUJHE? ~ B

~Expectations hurt, dreams don't.~

---

She was coming here. Now that was something I never thought would happen this early. Though, it's been an year almost since I last met her. Her come back has given birth to certain mixed feelings which are like bubbles of water, they keep giving me jitters occasionally. At one side I feel it's so good to have my best friend back here but somewhere it's like what if I commit some mistake or hurt her. Consequently leaving me she'd move on with someone else. But then move on from me? That would happen if she and I might have been in a relationship. It's kinda just friendship. At once, I had that feeling that this girl could be a perfect partner for me but then there's a thing which made me re-think my conclusion. I have always had this goal of having my life partner who's a singer just like me. That singer for my family meant a singer who sang songs that were linguistically similar to us, Hindi songs as they say. But Nandini, can't. She was born, raised and has been living in the California, having almost no knowledge of Hindi. Her parents never did try to teach her as she says, she could sing sometimes but Hindi wasn't her cup of tea. I could have given in this disability of hers but what to do my family won't. They'll take her as an American. Belonging to an orthodox background it was actually impossible for my family to accept Nandini as my life partner. Knowing all this I tried to bury those feelings inside me and continue just a friend with her. I wasn't expecting something from Nandini but I had this dream of her learning Hindi and stand perfect for my family's demands.

She arrived. So did my happiness.

The next day is Nandini's parent's wedding anniversary. It was a grand party somewhat, planned by Nandini and her sibling, Rishab. I was invited too and to be honest was excited too for an unknown reason.

Nandini was jet-lagged and hence catching up on some sleep. A certain dress code has to be followed for the party and that was 'Gentleman with a hint of His Lady'. Since I didn't have any 'lady' whom I could call mine, I thought to go with the common colour of all the ladies i.e. pink.

Never did I even think that this party would be the best party ever for me.

The party was in full swing. The elders were having their own gala time, it was me who was waiting for my buddy. Girls I tell. Might be getting ready. I noticed her coming down the stairs. She came down and saw me but chose to ignore. What? She straightaway went to her parents who were all set to cut their cake. I went somewhat near the tabe where the cake was being cut.

She whispered something in her parents' ears and gave me a quick glance. I noticed she was blushing. She rushed to the DJ and the lights were dimmed a moment later. A soft music started playing in the background. It was damn melodious.

The moment when the first note of her song reached my eardrums, my eyes welled-up. Literally, my brain had stopped commanding and my heart had doubled it's rate to pump blood as if all of them waited too, to listen more.

{A/N: Plug in the song 'Kaun Tujhe' from MS Dhoni, the untold story. Disha nailed it. Didn't she? ❤}

Tu aata hai seene mein
Jab jab saansein bharti hoon
Tere dil ki galiyon se
Main har roz guzarti hoon

Her eyes were locked with mine. She learnt Hindi for me. She completed my dream, without actually knowing it. Or it was as I thought so? She might be knowing. She bridged that 'Best Gift Ever' void in my life.