~EPILOGUE~

~The beauty of life, essence of living and destiny of existence is known when the person who you love truly is found.~

---

He was thinking that I won't come back home on the account of our birthdays. Knowing that our birthdays are merely four days apart, he was still thinking that I'd miss this golden opportunity just because of my UT's. Well, he happened to have forgotten that I had just got over with my exams and UT's won't happen so soon. Ah! I fed him all this and my Romeo believed it too. The thought of surprising him out of his wits again makes me happy every moment. I was travelling to India and was supposedly reaching there within the next three hours. There was a thought which was triggering me since I had finished my packing. Manik's mother, Nyonika Aunty has asked me to pack a Indian dress for Manik's birthday party. She said that it was the theme of the party since his birthday fell near Diwali. Mine too. I had no virtual plans to party this time, I'd prefer half day with my family and the other half with Manik and my friends. Nevertheless, I did as asked to.
His birthday has started already as it's around noon in India. He might be busy watching his wrist watch and probably screaming on it to strike 4 soon. It was 4 as I told him that I'll be online on Facebook by then. His party was set for the evening, it was quite a private affair only some friends, close colleagues and family were invited.

The next three hours passed in a jiffy with me catching upon my sleep which I missed because of the flight. I landed and had Rishab waiting for me. Mukti was already here as that ass was missing her brother so terribly that she came here two days back. Manik surely asked if Mukti wasn't having the UT's but we cited a silly excuse of Mukti being homesick can afford to miss on these UT's, she'd apply for re-test as her image was better than mine in front of our Professors. Bitch. But I was happy at least she lied for me. We proceeded for home. I was happy that I wasn't so jet-lagged that I needed to sleep. Reaching home, I catched upon some gossips with Mom, Dad was out. Later, after resting for a while I started getting ready for the party.

Nyonika Aunty knew that I was coming so it was decided when she and the people there will insist Manik to perform, I'll make an entry. My family was here already. Mukti's family too was there. It wasn't that I was nervous. He had long announced on his SNS accounts about him being in a relationship with a girl called Nandini Murthy. Nothing more was announced on everyone's and mine insistence. I was quite hesitant and overwhelmed kind of to make the first appearance in front of his world, the fame and glamour world.

As decided Manik was asked to perform. He stepped upon the stage and as anticipated my heartbeats rose and adrenaline rushed through my spine. He grabbed the mike and I made myself ready to go on the stage  once he finishes two-three lines.

Next I heard him saying something which turned to be pretty shocking. Leaving behind a question, "Who did that?". He said, "The song I'll be singing is dedicated to the love of my life, obviously. It's kind of a return favour as she sang for me in a party too. Umm...my love who's currently hiding behind the stage, all set for surprising me, please come up here."

I didn't show instead I waited for him to come and take me. I wanted to know the name of the culprit. "Boom!" And the hero's here. "Happy Birthday Love." I raised on my feet to peck his cheeks. "You surprised me actually." And here's the teasing again. A moment later we both exclaimed together. Our love you see. "Who told you about my arrival?" "Why are you wearing Indian?"

Before we ourselves could answer our questions, we heard Nyonika aunty's voice over the mike. "Let's keep it a secret. Some mysteries are better unsolved. Come here my children."
We made our way to the stage. This mystery would remain a mystery as she said. Ah! Question marks are better than exclamations. "So here we Malhotras and Murthys  welcome you officially to the Roka  ceremony of our beloved, Manik and Nandini." We both had that expression of shock on our faces. Those shock expressions soon changed into happy ones when I and Manik hugged our families whilst smiling-blushing looking each other.
That's how our common mystery found it's answer. It was because of this Roka ceremony that aunty asked me to wear Indian.