Chapter 2

Startled, I jump forward. My heart skipped a beat. Too nervous to even take the slightest glance over my shoulder. I had a feeling that Aria was as terrified as I was.

"Hello" the voice said again.

This time I payed closer attention to the voice. It belonged to a women. The voice was hoarse but yet it also seemed calm and pleasant at the same time. Gaining control over my shaking body, I slowly and very cautiously turn around. I noticed Aria was still in a frozen state, though she closely watched me with wide eyes.

My eyesight finally reaches a good look at the woman. She looked me the eye, and curved the right of her lip into a sly smirk.

"Hello" she said for the third time, the tone of her voice never changing the slightest bit. I tried to reply but I couldn't seem to find a way to let the words escape from my mouth. Ari, just now turning around, grasped my hand tightly.

She was an older women. She had to be in her early 70's or so. Her grey hair was strung up in a perfect bun that lay nicely on her head. Then something caught my eye. Her eyes were a color I have never seen before... The same exact color as the house, if I recall. It seemed as if it was a mix of maroon and blue... If that makes sense at all... It doesn't to me.

"It's nice to finally meet you Aria Matthews and Emily Clements. I am Mary Ann. Your mentor. Shall we begin?"