Greece

"Were lost!" Carrie said as we were walking through the streets of Greece, looking for the cafe-type place we came in at.

"We are not lost" i retorted for about the twentieth time that hour.

"How do you know?" she snapped back. the first few times she asked O tried explaining the complex way Greece was built and how my map showed me the best directions to get back to the machine no matter what time or where we were in the world. After it was evident that she just didn't trust me I just stopped responding after the first question.

I took a left on a side street that looked a little dark and walked down it trusting that the map was correct. Halfway down the street we were interrupted by an old and haggard looking citizen.

"Excuse me sir, Do you have any bread?" he asked.

"I'm sorry sir, but we don't have any bread on us right now." I replied

"Surely, though, you must carry some coin for a man down on his luck like me" he said gesturing to the coin purse on my belt.

"Adam, I'm scared" Carrie whispers to me

Holding her hand in response I say, "I'm not carrying much coin right now, but if you like I can go to my home and return with a few coins for you" I replied

"What about your partner?"

"You think I would let her carry the money? She would lose the coin within minutes, " I laugh nervously.

"I don't think that you're telling the truth to me" he said suspiciously, pulling out a concealed dagger. "Now, you're going to give me the coin and then walk away like none of this happened."

"Sir you don't need to use such drastic measures to get your coin, you can have the purse and we'll be on our way." I say, a bit hurriedly, while handing him the purse. When I start to walk away he runs to me and almost stabs me.

Carrie screams and tackles him, pushing her taser into his side. stopping him in his tracks and knocking him out. We run to the time machine and go back to the present, our hearts both beating so fast that we can't hear anything else.