Healing. Thawing. Healing. Thawing.

The lonely one witnessed her happiness. The new one made her smile. Made her feel alive. It grew to no longer despise the new one. The lonely one, it... it began to heal. It realized maybe it didn't need her. That she didn't care about it as much as it thought she did. It had bottled up so painfully its self hatred and its love and obsession, and one day it reached the tipping point and spilled. It opened its soul to her. Told her everything. And what... what did she do? She said "Yes, maybe I'll give you a chance, my friend. One day, when I heal." This was when she took a break from the new one, when the lonely one thought it had a chance. It dropped its current obsession and clung desperately to her. And what... what did she do? The moment the new one opened up their arms to her, she ran to them, away from the lonely one after raising the poor, poor creatures hopes sky high.

It was then the lonely one shattered. It crumpled, it made itself bleed- thirsted for its own suffering and its own pain because it was simply... Inadequate. Yes, that is what it had been all its life. Its friends and crushes always chose someone else because it was simply a fat, dark creature incapable of being loved. It had always denied this, soaked in this truth yet blind to it. But after the remnants of its heart were shattered by her? It had nothing left to lose. It opened its mind wide and looked into itself. The sources of its pain. Why it has always been inadequate. And with this knowledge it filled slowly the hole in its hideous soul that it reserved for her... and it began to heal. After suffering forever, it opened its eyes, saw that she was happier with the new one than she would ever be with it... and it moved on! It grew up it healed.

But it healed wrong. Oh, oh so wrong. It began to starve itself of life. It thought it was too much, so it strove to be too little. To fix itself so maybe something would love it one day. Maybe it would never have her... but it was determined to have someone. As numbers decreased, as its being decreased and its blood was shed, it believed it was happy. As it reduced itself over and over it had a bright smile on its face because it believed it was fixing itself. Fixing, fixing, fixing.

Where is the lonely one now? 

Where?

...

Fixing,

Fixing,

Fixing.