Pokémon: the next generation

My house exploded. Time seemed to slow down as I watched the kitchen sink fly by, closely followed by my mini personal refrigerator. I, too, went flying, clinging tightly to my precious pokemon egg. I had found the egg in a forest the day before and I could tell it held a powerful pokémon. So, as I clutched to the egg, I found myself falling from the explosion. My years of Tae Kwon Do experience instincts kicked in and I made a neat roll and stood up. I looked around and surveyed the damage. I turned to see my dad come out of the house arguing with my mom. As always, they were arguing over my dad's crazy pokémon move experiments. That's when I felt something strike me on the head and I blacked out.

............................................................

When I woke up, I found myself in a Pokémon Center. Nurse Joy was standing over me looking worried.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Your PS3 struck you on the head and you blacked out," Nurse Joy said.

Suddenly, I remembered. "The egg! Where's the egg?" I franticly asked.

"It's fine, although it seems to be close to hathching."

"Holy crap! I need to see it" I exclaimed.

I tried to get up with no sucsess, for I immediately felt dizzy and light-headed. "Can you bring it to me?"

"Sure. Hang on a second." She left the room. A minute later she returned with the egg. It was wiggling vigorously. Suddenly it cracked open. I gasped. It was a pokemon I had never seen before.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It seems to be a Keldeo!" the nurse replied in awe.

Just then, my parents walked in. I have to tell you firs that my dad is Ash, as in the real Ash. His nickname was Red and some of his old friends, like Brock the gym leader, stop call him that. Dad is constantly expirementing with pokemon move combinations, for he is the champion and constantly has challengers. Often the combinations result in our house exploding. Luckily, we own a couple of Machamps so they can fix the house in an hour. Anyway, my parents walked in they took one look at the Keldeo and gasped. Dad said, "Oh my gosh Mark, is that yours?"

"Yeah. I found an egg yesterday. It just hat hatched. Why?"

"That is a Keldeo, one of the rarest pokemon. You were very lucky to find this. I think you need a pokedex. Luckily professor Juniper is here right now."

"Well then, what are we waiting for? Let's get a pokedex!"