Chapter 1

19th August 2065

Some days I wish that I could just forget about the rest of the world. Stop worrying about all that is happening around me, I mean how could somebody think that it is ok for them to bomb a place or start a disease. Most of my family is gone, they have gotten the disease, I am over it now, though, even though it has only been a couple of weeks. We are in an apocalypse. there are walkers all around us, while we are inside a building. Basically waiting for the virus to take control of us. So we don't have to live in this stupid world anymore. Where all we see are dying people everywhere. People asking for help. While there is absolutely nothing we can do about it .

None of us knows how it all started not even the stupid scientists of doctors, I believe that is started with an infection of the brain. It takes a couple of weeks for people to fully turn into walkers, first, they start to deteriorate, then their eyes go fully red, then they start making sounds of moaning, crying and screaming. They are fast, too fast for walkers. The only way to kill them though is to either shoot them through the skull or with any sharp weapon. Otherwise, they will keep on going no matter what. The disease is airborne, but I don't think that is entirely true. If you die you automatically are turned into one. So maybe just maybe, we all have the virus somewhere within us. Just waiting to be started. But that is a whole other idea. If this virus is airborne. How has the whole of humanity not died off yet?

I believe that somebody has actually created this virus and has spread it across the world. Don't believe me? Well, what would you say to explain the jets zooming past us none stop with them spraying out a liquid that quickly turns to gas and then vanishes? That's what I thought. But I think that is just another one of my theories of mine.

21st August 1965

"Charlotte" screams Toby ( my brother ) in a panic. " I need backup". I ( charlotte) quickly gets up, grabs my gun and rushes to Toby. I asked what is happening. Toby said, " Walkers are, coming". I said a little frightened " what ! already, at least it isn't night time." Today and I started to pack up our things, and we make sure we haven't left anything behind. " Toby, we have only been staying here for a couple of days, where will we go, There is nothing left," Toby said, worryingly "Don't worry, we will find something." We started running fast as we could in the opposite direction to the walkers.

I started to shoot at them while Toby is on the look out. He saw something in the far distance. It looked like a building he said, so we ran and ran, never once did we look back. We ended up finding a house, with a wire fencing around it and people guarding it. They were armed with guns, axes, the whole lot. We shout at them to open the gates but they were not sure if they could trust us. We kept on shouting until we reached the wire fencing. A tall man asked. Is it only you two, Yes we shouted almost looking like we were about to faint. "You sure?" he asked one more time. "YES," we shouted, this time, I was really sure I was about to be sick. As soon as the man opened the gate, we both started running, until we reached the front door of the building.

A person opened the door before we reached the house. It was so far in because the fencing was so far out. The man started talking to us. But we both couldn't pay attention, we were panting so much. But suddenly I felt really dizzy and fell onto the ground. I saw Toby leaning doe and shouting. He was starting to cry. I was the only one he had left, I couldn't get sick or even worse, get the virus.

25th August 2065

I woke up a few days later. Toby was really worried, but he got told that I will be fine. What happened was is that A guard shot me in the leg with a dart. That will make you faint or be sick. But they are so tiny that I didn't feel it pierce my skin. So I am basically fine. But still a bit nauseous from it all. Toby and I are just glad that it wasn't the disease that got to me. Becuase if I had gotten that well, you all know what happens after that. Ugh, I guess I have never realised that Toby cared so much about me, even though we are siblings.

The place we were staying at was good I guess. I knew Toby didn't enjoy it, all I knew was that he missed our parents, friends and everything we had. I guess you never know what you have until you loose it.