Chapter Two ♥ <Strange> ♥

<Strange> ♥

The car ride to the house was awkwardly silent. As I drove down the road, I noticed the graying skies which gave me reason to believe in a rainy week.

When I pulled into the drive way, I pulled the key out of the ignition, and jumped out of the car jogging towards the front door.

Before I could even knock, my older sister by one year, Alex, opened the door pushing me to the side and ran towards Jon.

I would have guessed she had a crush on him if it wasn't for her boyfriend Mark.

"Jonnybear!" she called as she hugged him. "Hey sis." he said back with a smile.

She grabbed his arm and ran into the house ignoring my existence. That's my sister for you. She's always treated me like that-as if me being born was the worst thing that happened to her.

I walk lazily inside after them, and Jon looked back walking towards me. He out stretched his arm around my shoulders and I sent him a smile.

"Jon!" my mom and dad both yelled
at the same time, then engulfed us in hugs. I tried to slide out, but was trapped beneath Jon's towering figure.

They soon pulled away, and I tried to regain my breath. "How was your trip Jon?" my mom asked him.

"It was amazing! I can tell you more about it at-"

"Jon!" the twins yelled out as they tackled him. "Taylor and Tyler! You both look so big!" Jon said as he hugged them back.

"I'll be in the kitchen. Autumn, can you maybe come help me?" my mom asked. "Um... sure." I said back.

I followed as she walk into the kitchen pushing the door open, and holding in for me. Once it closed, she leaned against the island counter and frowned at me.

"What did I do?" I whispered not wanting anyone outside to hear. "I see you haven't done it yet."

I frowned at her, not really understanding what she was implying.

"Look, I know you love Jon, but not in the way you used to. I think you need to break up with him. I mean, he's a good guy, but you two aren't right for each other." my mom whispered back.

Oh yeah, I forgot.

I tell her everything.

"No mom, I can't just break things off with him like that. The family has grown so attached to him, and they love him. It's just the distance."

"Autumn, you're not supposed to even care about how much we love him or hate him. It's all about how you feel inside, and that's what matters most baby." she said.

"But mom I'm in love wi-"

"You loved him. If you had really been in love with him, we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we?"

"Mom, I still love him. I know I do, and if I just try hard enough, I can feel it again. I owe it to not just him, but also to myself." I told her.

She waited for a second before giving me her reply. "Well honey, if that's what you want, just know I'll always be here to support you." she said before hugging me.

I immediately hugged her back and we stood there for a while just hugging each other. I love these moments with my mom. Her hugs just make me feel better instantly.

"Okay, now time to help me make dinner. I'm cooking steak and loaded potatoes." she said. Yes, my favorite!

**********