Prolouge

JANE POV-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The road was awfully empty, I was the only driver. I could imagine the lone headlights, resembling a pair of glowing eyes, the only illumination in the darkness.

Well, it wasn’t that dark, the moon provided a source of light at least. Man, why did I take this road! It seemed almost unsettling to me. I turned up the radio to fill the empty car, the bass sent a thumping throughout that I could feel in the grey leather seats. 

As the various pop chords and tunes made their way into my ears, my thoughts drifted to home. I couldn’t wait to fall in the strong loving arms of my beau, his sweet nothings the very thing that made my day perfect.

Louis, I thought, a content sigh coming from my lips.

I onced again focused on the seemingly  abandoned road in front of me, now, it seemed the street was elevated. I soon came to realize it was a bridge, the milky white moonlight shining against the rippling waves of the water of the river below me. I checked the clock on the dashboard, the bright blue lights blinking 8:57. A few more minutes, and I would be home, to spend the rest of the day (or should I say- night) snuggled up close to Louis, sipping tea and talking, being happiest in his arms. I loved nothing more than Louis, and he felt the same about me, and we both knew nothing would ever change that. 

A large jolt that sent the car bouncing upwards violently shook me from my little daydream.

I looked behind me, and saw a pothole the size of Russia, which sent me swerving out of control, the tires screeching against the tar of the road, leaving awful skidmarks, I’m sure. Even worse, it had begun to rain.

And it rained heavily.

Before I could even process what was happening, the car swerved over the edge of the bridge. It flipped, and my stomach flipped with it.

I wasn’t gonna make it.

I didn’t have anything to break the window with to escape, and even if I did, I couldn’t swim, so it wouldn’t be much help anyway.

Tears streamed down my face as the vehicle seemed to fall in slow motion.

I would never my family again.

My friends.

I wouldn’t see another sunrise.

And  Louis.

I let out a loud sob at the thought of him.

“Oh Louis, I love you!” I said for the last time. My heart shattered for him, how would he get through this? He’ll become a wreck!

I squeezed my eyes shut, envisioning his perfect face one more time.

Perfect chiseled features, striking green blue eyes, always laughing, cracking a joke, his gorgeous smile spread across his pink lips.

I managed a teary smile, before the car finally plunged into the black waters below.

I jolted forward as the car hit the splashed into the river, slowly sinking into the water. My head violently hit the windshield in front of me. It sent a piercing pain through my skull. The water came rushing through the broken windshield. I felt the blood dripping down my head.

And then, darkness.