Chapter 2

A woman lay asleep in a bed, next to a young man. The woman's silky hair spread itself across a pillow. The man's black hair entwined itself with the woman's as he wrapped his arm around her waist.

The woman opened her eyes, they were the most gorgeous brown. She looked softly into his calm, blue eyes. He leaned in close to her, placing a gentle kiss on her lips. As they parted, the man examined her features. Her lips, the colour of the reddest roses, her complexion, as smooth as a petal. Her features, flawless in the moonlight.

The man took in a deep breath and pulled her closer to his body.

"I love you Gloria." He whispered into her ear.

"I love you too." She said sleepily as she dozed off into a slumber.

A few hours later the pair awoke to the sound of banging and the smashing of glass.

"Andrew, I'm scared." Gloria whimpered as she shook against his body.

"It's ok, I'll go see what it is." Andrew placed a reassuring kiss on her head.

"No, you might get hurt." Gloria looked into Andrew's eyes with a pleading look.

Her pleading was ended abruptly as five men burst into the room pulling her away from Andrew.

She tried to fight back, but her strength was nothing compared to theirs.

Andrew started yelling profanities at them, trying to attack the men, trying to protect his wife.