The Whispering Wind

Hey! I probably won't be uploading for the next few days because we're(my drill team and I) are preforming at a basketball game tomorrow and then it's the weekend, and I don't usually upload over the weekend! So here's a short stroy/poem of shorts haha I don't know what to call it! It's like my "Leave No Survivors" one that y'all should also read because it's twenty times better than this one :)  Anyways hope y'all like it :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  The wind rushed through the field; rustling the grasses, disturbing the silence, playing with the young girls' soft curls. She ran through the fields, chasing dragonflies and catching minnows in the river that ran through the corner of her playland.

  Her mother's warning words of the dangers of Indians did nothing to her young mind; for she had never seen them. She had heard stories of them at school but she still danced and played gaily through the pasture. The stories of rape, kidnapping, and even death didn't scare her from her place. Her mother kept her busy with chores in the fields and in the market, always there, she could never escape them; but she found loopholes. She got them done in record time everyday though, and slipped through back doors and patches of forest to the place with whispering winds and waving grasses.

  The wind whipped up through the forest and goosebumps bristled onto her skin. She turned, unsettled by the feeling of being watched, and duck into the grasses. She figured it would be just a fox hunting a rabbit, but she didn't know she was the one being hunted.

  The Indian slinked his way in and out of the forest surrounding the meadow, clutching the bow to his bare chest. He knew he'd be punished and would be killed himself if he didn't bring back the magical girl with the soft brown curls who could heal at the touch. Dead or alive she would heal and the chief was sick and running out of time.

  A small head peaked out from the grasses and swerved side to side, seeking what was seeking her. Her dark blue eyes flicked suspiciously. The head ducked under the tall grasses and small pats of feet drumming on the ground could be heard before the wind picked up again. The Indian released his location from the sparse forest and pounded his way through the grasses in pursuit.

  He reached for the small sling carrying the quiver of arrows behind his ponytailed and painted head, and grabbed an arrow. He locked the arrow in the bow and aimed it to the left of the girl: he was not going to kill her; she would be alive because he couldn't kill. Her brown curls whipped around her head as the dark blue eyes dared for a peek of the predator. Her eyes widened in surprise as the arrow flew through the air as the whispering winds warned her of what was to come. The girl jumped to the left in escape of the arrow but was caught in the grasp of Fate and Death.

  A tear slipped down the painted face as the accidental arrow lodged itself in the girl's running body. Her body fell into the waving grasses as the wind whispered of the death throughout her playland. The Indian walked to the girl with the soft brown curls, tears and desolation already wearing years on his young face.

  He picked her up, carrying her lifeless body like a baby, and released the weapon of death from her back.

  "Why aren't her powers saving herself?" he wondered.

  "Fate's design." the wind whispered.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehe(: Please read, fan, comment, and vote! And don't forget to read and help spread the word on my other story, The Unknown :) Hope y'all liked it!

-Kassie <3 Have a good Friday(: