Please Don't

After getting a tray of food for his lunch, Aleks roamed the cafeteria in search of the table his two friends were seated at. His eyes shifted from table to table, only seeing different groups of unknown teens everywhere he looked. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Jake’s distinguishable voice resonated loudly through the room, attracting his attention to a certain part of the lunchroom.

“Aleks, over here!” he yelled again, waving one arm vigorously to get his attention.

Smiles appeared on Kevin’s and Jake’s face as his gaze fell on them. He walked to them, ignoring all the comments about him other people whispered to each other along the way. He could care less about what people thought and said about him; the only opinion of himself that could influence him was his, not a bunch of random kids who knew nothing about him.

“Hey Aleks, how do you this Hell hole so far?” Kevin asked as he took a seat.

He shrugged, using his plastic fork to move his food around in his plate, he didn’t have any intentions of eating, anyways; it looked absolutely repulsive.

“All I know is that my Math teacher is a bitch and my Science teacher is boring as fuck.”

“That’s cool,” Jake said with a snicker.

“Yeah, it sure is, Jake,” he replied.

He looked around the room, evaluating the different students. They all seemed very casual, to say the least. They were just talking, like any other being would at a break. His eyes fell on a peculiar group of teens across the room and, instead of wandering to the next table, his gaze remained glued on the same one.

Instead of having a spontaneous conversation like everyone else, the seven teens seated around it were yelling and laughing, being extremely loud in general, and occasionally shoving each other playfully. His attention was attracted to one in particular, the giggling and Hispanic looking teen seated in the middle.

“What do you think, Aleks?” Kevin questioned, pulling him back into reality.

“Huh? What are we talking about?” he muttered groggily, eyebrows furrowed.

The two only lifted their eyes skyward with entertained grins before looking at him with visibly confused eyes.

“Never mind,” the brunette with the black framed glasses said. “What’s got you all distracted?”

“Who are they?” he asked instead of answering his question.

He nodded his head to the table across the room, attempting to give his new friends a better idea of who he was referring to. Kevin and Jake’s face lit up in realization as they understood who he was questioning them about. Kevin turned to him, a small grin on his face.

“They’re cool dudes, some of them are friends of mine, why?”

He shrugged, biting his chapped bottom lip. “No reason, I was just wondering. Mind giving me more details?”

Kevin nodded at each one, presenting them with their name and a brief description. From what he understood, the one that had caught his attention was named Eddie, he was Puerto Rican and giggled a lot.

“Aleks?” Jake spoke, a suspicion glimmer shining in his eyes noticeably. “Do you like Eddie?”

“What? No! Dude, of course not, I don’t even know who he is! I’m not a fucking idiot; I don’t go date the first person I see.”

The question had taken him aback, numbing his thoughts for a second. Of course he didn’t like him; what could make Jake think he did?

“Good, it’s better you didn’t, trust me.”

His mouth shifted into a confused scowl as he eyed Jake and Eddie back and forth. His thoughts were invaded with multiple questions of the meaning of Jake’s statement.

“Why?”

“You know in movies, when there’s that one guy that can get any girl and break their heart?”

He cocked an eyebrow, puzzled by the relation in the two sentences before opening his mouth to give his input. “Yeah, why?”

“Eddie is the living, breathing proof that those guys exist. He has made almost every girl in the school cry at least once. If you did like him and he knew, he’d probably snap your heart like a twig in less than a day,” Jake spat, eyes sending daggers at the aforementioned teenager and his group of friends.

“Yeah,” Kevin complied, trailing off sheepishly. “Eddie’s kind of a dick when it comes to dating.”

His eyes enlarged remarkably, the information sinking in slowly. Damn, that guy was indeed a dick if what his friends were saying was the case. Sure, making one or two girls cry by mistake because your relationship didn’t work out is fine, but doing it on purpose? With a ton of different teenage girls? That was just outright vile in his mind.

“Damn dude, what a fucking asshole,” he muttered.

“Yeah, but just when it comes to girls, though,” Kevin assured.

“Whatever you say, Kevin, whatever you say.”

Instead of looking at him perplexedly, his confounded gaze was replaced with a bitter glare. He noticed Eddie wink at the girls seated at the tables next to him, the girls practically fainting, and rolled his eyes, strikingly coming to realization of the idiocy planted in the brains of the girls enrolled in his new school. He knew something or someone was going to be off; no school was ever perfect when it came to the students. Either there was massif bullies, a huge gang of stuck-up snobs or smart-ass know-it-alls that completely overtook the school, but no, his new school just had to have a ‘ladies man’ around.

As shallow as it was to hate someone without even meeting them, that’s exactly what he felt, hate for someone who wasn’t even a mere acquaintance yet. He couldn’t help it; it just really ticked him off to see people so heartless to just rip every heart out without a second thought, it sickened him, really.

As he ranted and raved mentally about the cruelty someone needed to act as such, Kevin lifted an eyebrow with a smirk.

“You want me to introduce you?”

All of the thoughts rushing through his head froze as he narrowed his eyes at his friend, fully aware that Kevin noticed his dislike for Eddie’s type of person.

“Please don’t.”

'Ello, loves! Here's the newest chapter, I hope you enjoy! <3 Sorry I didn't update yesterday; I was drawing a lot and putting the drawings up on Tumblr. I got 16 followers now, though, I'm happy!

Speaking of followers, special thanks to NeonMelody, SCMKawaii, Lyrahikaru, ZeCasper Hteamazingwriter_007 and THaTgIrLmOrgAn for the follows! <3 Love you all!