It's Just Coffee

She might have woken up early, but that wasn't exactly a benefit to her. She was ready hours before she needed to be, with her hair pinned into a loose bun and her eyes done up with smoky eyeliner, so she just knew she'd go to brush something from her eye and turn it into a car crash. She was dressed in a fitted shirt, a neat waistcoat cinching in her waist.To create a more casual look, she'd settled with jeans and low heeled boots.

She clattered down the stairs and strode through to the living room to collapse on the sofa. Her head propped up with a stack of cushions, she blearily watched the T.V, waiting for the time to go on by.

While she waited, she puzzled over the circumstances of today- would she really want to bring her dates so close to her Uncle? It seemed a bit much to thrust in his face, and she knew that he would be on the phone later to gleeful tell her mother that her little girl had found herself a boyfriend, even if that wasn't exactly the current agenda. This, "friendship," had started on flirting, but whether it turned out to be something more entirely dictated on what her little Brit, her little Elliott wanted and whether by that point, she still wanted him. She was known to have a passing fancy when it came to the male side of the world, after all.

Inhaling deeply, she glanced down at her nails. Clean and freshly filed, she'd painted them a gorgeous green. A Harry Potter fan would have been envious, she thought, amused. She wasn't quite the fan she'd been as a little girl, but the books were still tucked away somewhere. She wondered Elliot like Harry Potter? He didn't peg her as the fantasy type, but what did she know? She had only just found out his name. She was curious though... she wanted to know. In fact, she was almost desperate to know. Whether she liked it or not, the man was in her thoughts, her fantasies, and she desired to have him alongside her, even if it was only for so long.

Sighing, she checked the time. It was barely eleven- why had she even suggested such a late time?

x

Elliot stumbled out of bed around twelve o'clock, his body aching. He hadn't slept fitfully last night, his dreams tormented by his Egyptian Vixen. He went across the hall to the bathroom, locking the door behind him. He shed his clothes easily and stepped into the bathtub. He threw the shower curtain across the roll, protecting the wooden flooring from any overspill of water, and switched the shower on. The water took a few moments to warm up, but he adored the feeling of cold water dripping down his body, sliding down his velveteen skin in cooling droplets. He grabbed the soap and lathered up his body, his lashes fluttering in pleasure. Sighing, his fingers combed through his hair, letting the water in through his thick hair. In the water, his bright white locks turned grey and seemed to grow longer and lanker.

After he cleaned his hair, he switched off the shower and stepped out, drying off with his towel. He knotted it around his waist and went downstairs to collect his clothes from the dryer. He dressed in a boot-cut pair of jeans and a dark grey polo shirt. He shrugged into his blue jacket and got the hair dryer out from under the sink. The house was entirely quiet- he imagined that everyone had gone out, though he knew that his sibling was unlikely to have gone out.

He fluffed up his hair and checked the time, only to find it had barely hit One. So that was, what, another three hours? He could always arrive early and read for a while. After all the walk was twenty minutes, and he was certain he could find a book in that thick case somewhere to take the edge off. He shouldn't drink too much though- he'd end up with stomach ache, and what kind of a would-be date would that be?

x

With her long black coat swishing around her calves, she strode down the street, a vision of beauty and confidence. She was nearly two hours early, but what did it matter? They were in town, for love's sake, and she could do anything to take a chunk out of the clock. She could replenish make up, buy new clothes, books, stationary, whatever she wanted. She could eat something and settle her stomach.