Plunktern gotz himselwf in big twoble!!

The Krusty Krab's annual Bring Your Pet to Work Day was going fantastic. Spongebob brought his dearest pet snail Gary, Squidward brought the bubonic plague, chicken pox, pneumonia, cholera, diphtheria, influenza, measles, scarlet fever, smallpox, typhus, tuberculosis, and whooping cough to the entire continent of North America, and Mr. Krabs brought his beloved first dime.

"Oh, Gary! I wish I could bring you to work again! Maybe you can even be a fry cook just like me someday!" Spongebob squealed with glee, feeding Gary a bite of the famous krabby patty, while gently patting his fragile pink shell. Spongebob then giggled in the familiar helium-laden tone that only Tom Kenny, the master of cartoon voice acting, could mimicry.

For hours, Gary sat adorably on the ledge of the order window, attracting throngs of grinning customers.

"Meow!" Gary cried, slipping into a content smile as he eyed his reliable, hard-working owner. 

"I might make every day Bring Your Pet to Work Day!" conspired Mr. Krabs as he routinely counted every penny of his generous profits.

After a long day of flipping delicious krabby patties and receiving a constant chorus of cuddly interjections of ooh's and aww's, Spongebob was ready to go home.

He was anxious to watch the new Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy television special feature with his Fat Best Friend™, Patrick Star, the comic relief that only partially attempts to redeem a stale, 17 year-old Nickelodeon children's animated franchise featuring a talking sponge and his antics in an underwater city.

With Gary in tow, via leash, Spongebob strolled home, swaying his arms in joy, completely unfazed by the hours of hard work accomplished.

Suddenly he notices an ovular light, looming in the distant Pacific twilight and recognizes the source as none other from his humble abode, a pineapple.

PINEAPPLE CREAM PIE [courtesy of allrecipes.com]

TOTAL PREP TIME: 3 hours

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/4 graham cracker crumbs
2 cups milk
1/4 cup cornstarch
3 egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar
1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
1 twentieth century European dictator with totalitarian regime
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

DIRECTIONS:

1.) In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup white sugar, and melted butter.

2.) Press mixture firmly in bottom of a 9 inch pie plate. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 6 to 8 minutes.

3.) Combine 2/3 cup white sugar, cornstarch, and salt in saucepan. Blend milk and egg yolks; gradually stir into sugar mixture.

4.) Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute.

5.) Remove from heat, and stir in butter, vanilla, and pineapple.

6.) Pour into crust. Press plastic wrap over top of filling. Chill at least 2 hours.

7.) In a large mixing bowl, combine whipping cream, confectioners' sugar, and almond extract. Whip to stiff peaks and pipe or spoon onto pie. Serve obligatory, peace-offer pie to dictator as an attempt to postpone your eventual execution.

Wow, hope you enjoyed that delicious treat! Now that your tummy's full, let's continue the chapter.

Spongebob stares in dismay at the unknown light being emitted from his home. Who on earth could be there at this time of the day?

"Oh! Patrick must've planned a surprise for me, a Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy themed bash! Just perfect!" He says, instantaneously relieved by the possibility.