The Dance

Colton and his friend Alex were coming around 8pm sharp on the night of the dance. Unfortunatly I had training eairler that day so my muscles were really sore. I ended up buying a sky blue cocktail dress that had sparkles on the top that was a tiny but short, I also had sliver high heals to match. My dad didn't really approve of this. Did I mention my friend Charlotte came shopping with me? Alex was Charlotte's date. She bought a yellow and white lace dress that suited her perfectly. She had white lace heels and a pink and yellow flower crown. She looked amazing.

"Hayes" Colton said as my brother answered the door.

"Actually it's Whitelaw-Hayes my parents weren't married when I was born." Harry stated matter-of-factly.

"Whatever I'm not here for you I'm here for Ari"

My mum heard voices at the door and immediately ran out.

"Oh Colton honey you look so handsome!"

"Mum stop it." I shot her a warning glare.

"And you look very beautiful Mrs Hayes"

Harry coughed something that sounded like ducking uck up.

"Harry Whitelaw-Hayes do not ever swear under my roof! And if you have a problem with that move out!"

Colton cracked up laughing.

"Do not laugh I can kick you out in a second and you will never see Ari again!" My mother yelled at Colton. He turned red like a tomato. I'm pretty sure I did to.

My dad still didn't approve of the idea of me going out with Colton to the dance. My brother had asked me eariler why I was going with him and said he was a jerk, he probably told my dad that to.

The car ride was amazing. Colton owns a sports car so we turned up the music really loud and raced Alex and Charlotte to the dance. It was really dangerous but it was so fun! When we got there they had Avicii, One Direction, One Republic, Cody Simpson, Katy Perry, Jason Derulo and heaps of other amazing artists playing.

"Are you having fun?" Colton asked.

"Yes!" I answered excitedly, "Thank you for asking me to go with you."

"It's fine. I always wanted asked you out."

I cringed when he said that. I remembered what my brother said about him, he'll say anything you want to hear to make you like him more. Maybe that is true. I don't know if I want to know or not. No I don't.

I looked over and saw Harry with his date. She was leaning against the wall his hand was above her shoulder while the other on her hip. He was whispering something something in her ear. Why does dad care more about me going out with one guy for one night when Harry does this? I thought.

"God he's such a player" Colton said.

"Hey that's my brother your talking about!" I protested.

"Yeah sorry," a laugh escaped Colton's lips.

Furious as anything I left to find Alex and Charlotte. My brother was right. Why the hell didn't I listen to him? For now on I will listen to Harry I thought.

I found Alex over near the food table. "Hey, where's Charlotte?" I asked.

"Went to the bathroom to fix her make-up." He replied.

"Of corse she did."

"Arianna why did she ask me to come with her?"

Confusion shot through me she said Alex asked her, why would she lie? Alex was a fanboy so not many people asked him out he was really cool and really nice but maybe he read a bit to much, and was on tumblr to much and watched to much Doctor Who for most girls liking . I thought it was cool that he was different and not your average football player....

"Arianna? Earth to Arianna?"

"Oh sorry!" I was so lost in thought. "And honestly I'm not sure. I know she thinks your cute...."

"But you don't know the exact reason?"

"I'm sorry I don't."

"That's okay" he said with a smile. It was a sad smile, I felt bad for him. He was thinking what I was thinking; that she was only going out with him because I had a date a she didn't....

I knew something that would make him better.

"How much do you like Percy Jackson?"

Almost straight away his whole face lit up. I don't know how long we sat there talking about books it could have been hours and hours a couple of times either Charlotte or Colton would come up and see if we were still talking about books. Some of the people who came to the food table and heard us talking whispered stuff like "their geeking out" or " there speaking nerd" but we would just ignore them and kept talking. Eventually much to our disgust we decided we had to go and find our dates. We couldn't find them we asked around but some one had spiked the punch eairler ( which btw we weren't drinking) and most people couldn't give a straight answer.

Alex and I turned a corner and found them. Kissing. With no hestiataion. Alex turned pale white and I let out a little gasp. Colton's shirt was open, he was kissing her neck and everywhere her dress wasn't. Charlotte was pressed against the wall with her hands under his shirt. Alex said something and they broke apart.

"Ari?" Colton asked in shock.

"Don't call me that" I said back. Charlotte wasn't saying anything she was just trying to make herself more presentable.

"Look I didn't-"

"Don't" I said in a seriously calm voice. "And you, don't ever talk to me again." I said to Charlotte

"Come on Arianna. Let's go" Alex grabbed my elbow and led my towards the door.

"Wait I have his keys."

"Why are you going to give them back?" He asked.

"Your right I'm not."

Alex took his car home and I took Colton's. I was driving along when a girl appeared on the road I didn't get time to stop.

"Are you okay?!" I asked the girl "I'm so sorry."

"It's fine. It was my fault."

"No I wasn't look where I was going!" I exclaimed. "Here I'll take you to the hospital."

"No it's okay"

"No it's not."

"I'm so sorry for this."

Before I could ask her what for she lunged at me her eyes glowing silver. Someone yelled out no but she was already on top of me. I couldn't do anything. I slipped into darkness....