Odyssey 2

Chapter 2 ~ Wild Odyssey

"Oh my God."

I drop my spoon unconciously.

"I need to go, Troye."

I swiftly grab the things I need and left him without any notice.

I'm surely dead if dad's already home.

I'm running against the heat and sand.

Our house is just a few yards away from the beach.

On my way home, I already saw dad's truck parked outside the house, instead in the garage.

"Shit."

I slowly walk into the main door avoiding to produce any sound.

I am already hearing the sound from the show I'm pretty familiar.

Supernatural.

How the heck he manage to connect Netflix to our television?

I enter the house pretending I didn't saw him in the living room.

"Hey Clarkson."

I feel the tense inside me. The guilt is slowly running through my bloodstream.

Just pretend to be cool, Clarkson.

"Oh hey Dad."

"Where have you been? I thought you were sleeping because your bedroom door is lock."

Okay, how the hell will I explain this?

"I just went to the beach for some fresh sea air. Its been week since I left the house."

I lied.

"Okay. But you know I manage to watch Supernatural here at the television?"

He started laughing the shit out of him.

Weird.

"That's pretty cool dad. By the way, I already thought of studying at Sydney this coming September. If that's okay with you."

Finger-crossed for this one.

I hope he'll consider.

"Why do you want to study there if there are a lot of great universities and institutes here at Melbourne that could help us lesser the budget you would need than going to Sydney and rent a space that you need to pay monthly."

He has a point.

But Troye's already booked a flight to go there to find a university. And he wished I could come with him.

"I could try to be a scholar."

Bad idea, Clarkson.

"If you could. But I'll still think of it."

Please think of it a lot.

~

"Hey, I already told dad about studying at Sydney. He said he's going to think of it all out."

I'm talking with Troye over messenger. It's way cheaper than having to pay charges everytime I'll make a phone call.

"Mom said its okay for them. And if ever your dad isn't convince. I'll try to pass any colleges here."

"I'll try my best to convince him."

"You don't have to. I'll be the one who should adjust. After all, it's my idea to study at Sydney so we can-- you know."

I giggled. It's pretty clear to me what he's trying to say.

"Don't bad at yourself. We could go to Monash if you want?"

I heard him took a deep breath, sign he's not into it.

"Its duable. I just don't think its convient for you. You need to commute for like half an hour just to go there."

Yeah. He's right.

"It's kind of same if I pick somewhere near my area. I need to commute as well."

There was silence.

A knock on my door.

I quickly hide my phone under my pillows and grab a random book on my bed-side table.

"Uhmm. Wait a minute."

I open the door and saw a smiling man. Dad.

"Dinner's ready."

"Ughh- yeah. I'm going. I'm just doing something"

"Are you okay?"

He asked sincerely as he temps to put his hand on my forehead, I decline it. Because I feel cold.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

I waited for him to completely out of my sight as he walks down the wooden staircase.

I threw the book I was holding and swifty grab my phone at hand.

Troye ended the call

Damn it!

I sent him a voice message apologizing. I'm just gonna explain myself later on. Before he goes to sleep.

~

Copyright © ShyDorkBritny | 2016

Posted: September 15, 2016