Assignment time!

[A/N]

Hiii people! I'm so sorry, it took me such a long time to update!

My apologies. I'll try not to let that happen again. Anyway, happy reading :)

~*~

The next morning I woke up to my irritating alarm. I swear I have the worst alarm sound in the world! I looked at the time and realised I overslept. Oh no! I was going going to be late for school.

I ran for the shower, got dressed quickly, decided to skip breakfast and bade a quick goodbye to mom who looked like she just woke up. I could hear Emily blaring her car horn from outside. 

"I'm coming! Em, do you plan to make the neighbour's deaf?"

I called out as I reached the car. Emily and Nancy always picked me up for school.

"I guess that depends on you, Hon." she winked.

I saw Nancy holding out a sandwich and a coffee for me. I smiled. This girl perfectly knew how to take care of me.

"Thanks! I was starving!" I whispered gratefully. She smiled in return.

We drove off to school and barely managed to make it on time for the first class. On the way I told about the secret keychain I had received and how Jake had dropped me home. I felt I wasn't getting enough time with them nowadays. I made a mental note to spend some girl time with both of them.

"So.. Amanda.. " Nancy began. "Too much of drama happening suddenly, eh? First this Jake guy then the keychain.. pretty mysterious?" 

"Are you linking both of them Nan?" Emily chipped in.

"So.. are you guys saying Jake sent that keychain?" I asked worriedly. Immediately I picturised Jake holding a red heart balloon saying, "You're Mine Amanda". I blushed.

You reaally need to stop right there girl.

Brushing those thoughts aside.. I hurried into the classroom. I knew I was very late and Ms Colchester was sure to get angry. She was usually a very sweet woman but was very strict about punctuality.

"Amanda, this is the third time you've been late this week. "

"I'm really sorry about this Ms Colchester. I'll take care it won't happen again!" I apologized and quickly took my seat.

"So class " she began, "This term you have got a new assignment." The class groaned.

"Hear me out. This is a different kind of a assignment, you will all be divided into two pairs each, a boy and a girl. Each pair will be given a nation and for the entire term, you both will have to act like a couple of that nation and follow it's culture. At the end of the term, there will be a fair with all of you putting up your respective nation's stalls and present what you learnt. Exciting isn't it? Oh, I will need a written project too. Make it fun!" she winked.

Ms Colchester is one of the coolest teachers I've met. She comes up with all the weirdest projects for us to make learning interesting.

But this time, I wasn't looking forward to this. Besides, she told us the pairs would be made with people from other classes. I barely knew anyone outside my class. I hoped and hoped I would be paired with Nick. It would make things so easier.

The day went by fast and at lunch break all of us sat at our regular lunch table. Nick and Emily was fighting about some silly bet,  Nancy and Natalie were intensely talking about something and I just sat happily staring at all of them munching on my sandwich.

Christie was missing. Just as I was about to enquire about her, she walked in. And not alone. Jake tagged along with her.

I sighed. I was hoping to see less and less of this guy but I think it doesnt work out my way.