Chapter 4

I wanted a relaxing bubble bath and a crisp flute of sparkling apple juice and for the record Im not a fan of wine. The last period was dragging and my students were tense. The Council arrived a few hours ago to investigate the suspicious 'events'. Not my words but i felt it was useless to continue with the classes as most like now is not concentrating.

The bell rang and before I could say homework most left my class. I slumped back down in my seat while rubbing my forehead. The headache of all headaches was making its appearance finally after a day full of excitement. The light outside was getting darker and I grabbed my satchel. The hallways were empty and too quiet. Usually a drone of gossip of students lingering at their lockers at this time of the day was norm yet not one lingered.

I hurried outside to the teacher shuttle taking the teachers to their homes near exit of the grounds. You could say little Academia was a typical suburb fantasy slash reality with pristine lawns and one storey ranches on a cul de sac. At least twenty of us lived on the property and the rest of the staff split it to their homes in Hollow Point. A town not far by car which will take about twenty minutes to drive back and forth.

I finally climbed down at my stop and could feel the tension leaving my shoulders. The day was too long. I needed a freaking long vacation from this place. My windows were open and the lights in the living room on. It could only mean one thing, my brother.

I didn't have the energy for another confrontation of silence with him so I rounded to the backyard sneaking down past the kitchen windows to the small one bedroom cottage attached to the barely used garage. This place was my own. I bought it after slaving for three years at the Academy. At twenty-five, I am a proudly home owner. The Academy pays good. A sigh of relief escape my mouth as i sprinted the last few inches to the door painted in black. It opened and I slithered through the gap. I made it.

Sleep was starting to feel good but I jerked to a stop. A tingling sensation crawled down my spine as I moved to the open bedroom. The shadows creating creepy phantoms on the walls. It was too cold. The nearer I got to my room, the icy the atmosphere got.

I turned on the light and looked around the room. The four posted bed in silk red sheets with black scatter cushions and three maroon continental cushions across the mahogany head board. My chest at the end of the bed was slightly open as if closed in a hurry. The fear was steadily congealing in my veins. No one is allowed in my sanctuary only my magic print could unlock all entries.

A white rose was placed on my armoire, the effect chilling. I backed out and slowly made it to the front door. A shadow suddenly obscured my vision and I tried to scream. I was choking back a dark oily vapor. I couldn't breathe as I sunk to the carpeted floor of my hallway. Darkness enclosing me completely as I drifted into nothingness.