Chapter 1

"Wakey wakey!" My mom yells in my face.

I groan, I did not like being woken up, especially for school.

"Five more minutes!" I groaned into my pillow. 

I suddenly felt a rush of cold air run down my legs.

"Okay!Okay! I'm up!" I sat up grabbing the comforter as fast as I could.

My mother laughed,"Anyways, you have forty-minutes, hurry along." She scooted me out of my bed and then walked downstairs. 

I just stood there, I was not ready for school, especially since it was the first day of my Junior year in highschool. I mean, I am kind of a geek, okay I can't lie to myself I am a geek. School has never been hard for me, except when it comes to bullies, which I can handle thme pretyyy well.

 I have always been bullied because of how smart I am, I just tend to ignore it now because it's just becoming pathetic. I mean I have my best friend Meghan that has always stuck up for me, we have been best friends ever since we were little. 

"Aspen  Rodger's you're going to be late on the first day if you don't get down here now!" My mom yells from downstairs.

I was all ready to go except for one thing, my contacts. I mean, I can look somewhat pretty this year, right? It took me about a minute to put them in and grab my bag. I ran down the stairs skipping the last two steps,nearly falling. 

The high school was walking distance so basically every morning, I walk. We live in San Diego, California so the weather is either burning hot or perfect, no snow, no freezing winter, just summer. Well today it was raining. Perfect. 

I

"Bye mom!" I yelled before I walked out, closing the doors behind me. I didn't really put on anything special just a flannel and a pair of leggings. My hair is naturally straight so I just have to brush, which most girls at my school would die for. 

But that's basically it, of course hygiene and all that crap, but I really don't care how people look at me. Meghan says to me all the time that guys do a double take on me,but I think she's just being nice. I have had my aunts tell me that I am just a natural beauty, but once again I think their just being nice. 

By the time I pull into the parking lot, it has stopped raining. I can see people in there little groups surrounding the campus. The nerds, their playing this weird mathematical game which they always play. The naturists, they love nature, and bugs. If you ask me it's kind of gross, but whatever.

 I examine all the other groups, the populars, the freshies, then my eyes land on one group in particular, the bad boys. 

They are the most popular boys in the entire school, and you didn't hear this from me, but they've got themselves some looks. I mean I've noticed them before, but it's not like I have a crush on them,no, it's just that I think they're cute.

Before I can pass them Meghan joins me from behind. "OMG hey Aspy!" She squeaks. "Hey Meggy!" I say in a sarcastic tone.

 She laughs but then stops all of a sudden and stared behind me. "What? Is it my hair, is there a bug in it?" I ask her feeling my hair. "No, it's just that Dalton Willis is checking you out." She smirks. I turn around and sure enough there he is.

Dalton Willis, the most popular boy in the whole school, and may I add he's one of the bad boys, checking the geek out, which is me, Aspen Rodgers.

IK IK very short chapter and I am sorry, the next chapter will be much longer I promise! Anyways I decided to restart this book because I got inspired so yeah! Love ya! XD