Chapter 5

"Well I'll see tomorrow Asp." Meg called as I walked to my car.

We just finished watching "Pitch Perfect 2" it was like the hundreth time we've watched it, but whatever.

It was 9 p.m. and I was struggling to find my keys. Perfect.

I mean if I couldn't open my car, I do only live a few blocks away.

I turned around and looked towards Mark's house, the cars still there.

Still can't find my keys. I would go back to Meg, but I don't want to bother her.

What I said before about walking, I mean I can, but I'm scared.

Should I text Mark? I mean I still have his number soooo......

Hey Mark have you seen my keys to  my car?

...

Hmm.. let me ask the guys.

I waited fore him to type back and let my eyes wander. They so happened to wander right into my car window, where my keys lay perfectly on my seat.

Great.

Hey Mark I found them I locked them in my car. Do you mind driving me, if I'm not bothering you.

lol your silly. Well I have to stay back and watch the house, mom's orders, so Dalton can drive you.

Okay. I replied.

Great why does it always end up being Dalton.

I walked across the street and waited out front of Mark's house. After about ten minutes the front door opened revealing the one and only, can you guess? D-a-l-t-o-n.

"Hi." I said.

"hi." He said kind of meanly.

I let it slide and I walked up to his car, a black Mustang. I should have known.

I climbed in and let out a breath, why was I so nervous? Oh yeah I lied to his face... this is going to be fun.

A second later he slipped into the car and turned on the egine. It roared to life, causing me to get startled. It was so loud!

"Thanks." I said as we pulled out of the driveway.

He didn't answer.

"Why couldn't you just walk?" He said sharply.

I couldn't tell him, I mean it wasn't something I should tell him right away at least.

"I-I don't know. Sorry for taking your 'precious' time away from hanging out with friends you see every single day." I snapped back. What is with him?

It was silent, the awkward type of silence. 

"Where to?" He asked.

"Just a few blocks straight ahead." I replied.

We live in kind of a huge neighborhood so it would take us ten minutes at the longest.

"Why would you lie to us?" He suddenly said, breaking the awkward silence.

"What?" I said, then it registered, Maranda.

"Don't act stupid, tell me why you can't trust me?!" He snapped.

I stayed silent. Once again the yelling, I hateeee ittttt.

"We all know you were lying, just tell me what really happened." He said, a little more calmly.

"Okay you caught me, and I don't have to tell you. It's my buisness." I said.

He huffed.

"We just met anyways, not like we 'besties' anyways." I said, trying to calm him.

His jaw clenched. What's with him? 

I looked at the road again and realized my house was coming up.

"Uh.. right here." I said pointing towards a two story red brick house.

He pulled in slowly and turned off the egine.

"Uh thanks again. And Dalton,"

He turn towards me slightly.

"I'm sorry for lying, I just, sorry." I said awkwardly as I grabbed my bag.

"Bye." He said plainly.

"bye." I opened the door and walked up to my porch.

I turned around to see if he left yet. He just sat there, with a small smile on his face. He was so sweet waiting for me, maybe he forgave me. 

Damn, this boy is confusing.

Short chapter very sorry. I've had a lot of tests these past two weeks but I wanted to give you guys at least something to read. Love you!!!

~Julis <3