It's not you...

I really thought he'd understand. It was just a few words, and I did my best to be blunt without utterly tearing apart his heart. But I guess he didn't understand. Well, that means it's time for take two. I pick up my phone and I send him a text. "Meet me by the new community they're building." He responds almost immediately, like he was just waiting for me to text him, "There's like three of them, which one are you talking about? " I was really hoping he'd remember. We were only there once, but that was were we met. Something I held dear in my heart... but clearly he doesn't. I start typing again, "Cloudy River Estates, at the edge of town. Be there at six." He takes longer to respond this time, like everything is finally getting to him. "Alright, I'll see you you there, snugglebear." My whole stomach lurches. I loved it when he called me that. I read that, then I read it again, and again. I wanted to start typing, to tell him that I needed a rain check, and that we could reschedule. Instead, I throw my phone at my pillow, and I start balling. The tears just start soaking into my shirt, and it takes all of my strength to keep the sob sounds contained to the walls of my room. This is going to tear me apart, if he doesn't first...