Rosemary's Baby pt.1: The Beginning

The joyous new came in the late afternoon Dave burst through Karkat's front door and was about to come barging  through his bedroom door. Thankfully he had the courtesy to knock before entering giving Gamzee enough time to hide inside the closet . Dave entered Karkat's room at his own free will and Karkat was still throwing up. Dave flopped onto the bed noticing Karkat's sudden morning sickness.

"Woah you okay kitkat?" Dave asked.

"Yeah I'm fine I just ate something bad last night," Karkat replied. "So spill the bean why are you here?" he asked.

"Well something amazing happened last night!" Dave exclaimed.

'Besides me stuffing my face with pie?" Karkat asked sarcastically.

Dave gave him a serious look from behind those aviator shades he always wears.

"Dave why do always wear sunglasses?" Karkat asked.

"Haven't I told you already?" Dave asked.

"No I don't think you have," Karkat said.

"I'm pretty sure I have but here we go again," Dave said.

-Flashback-

"Hey fuckass," a young high pitched voiced Karkat called out, "why do you always wear those stupid sunglasses all the time?".

"Well why do you always hide the true identity of your blood color ?" Dave asked in response.

"Because I'm hiding something I was ridiculed for having and your hiding something as stupid as your eyes," Karkat said.

"Ridiculed man I think everyone would be so cool with your blood color even if it's some ugly color like brown," Dave said.

"We had a friend with brown blood he's dead and I'm pretty sure if he was alive he'd be very offended right now," Karkat said.

"Well shit dude you know what I'm trying to say," Dave said.

"No I don't know what you're trying to say," Karkat replied.

"I'm saying you'd be perfect no matter what color blood you have," Dave said.

"Hey how about we bury the hatchet over some apple juice?" Karkat asked.

"I'd like that," Dave said.

-End- 

"So that's why you wear them to hide your eyes?" Karkat asked.

"Yes it's not normal for someone to have red eyes," Dave said putting his shades back on.

"Just like it isn't considered 'normal' if a troll has red blood," Karkat said.

"I guess you can say that," Dave said.

"Well anyways what did you come here to tell me?" Karkat asked.

"Rose and Kanaya had a baby together!" Dave said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karkat sat there for a second, "They what?" he asked.

"You know they had a wriggler together," Dave said.

"I know I heard what you said but Rose is a human and Kanaya is a troll," Karkat said.

"Yeah so?" Dave asked.

"There can be interspecies relationships now?" Karkat asked.

"Apparently," Dave replied.

When Karkat finally got out of bed Dave told him that they should go visit Rose and Kanaya to see how they were doing. Karkat couldn't deny that he was curious about this new 'grub'. Being the ectobiologist of his game session he had no idea that interspecies breeding was possible. Karkat got dressed in his usual attire grey skinny jean and a sweater he took Dave shades off and asked if he could wear them just for today.

"Why do you need to wear sunglasses?" Dave asked.

"Because I'm having light sensitivity issues today," Karkat said.

Dave could see right through his bull shit but thought he'd let today slide after all Karkat did look cute wearing his shades.