Chapter 1

They are blood-drinking monsters who disguise themselves as humans. Vampires exist. But most people don't realize it...

My earliest memories begin with that snowy day that was ten years ago.

(Dusk in front of the moon dormitory at cross academy)

"It's curfew for everybody in the day class, just go back to your dorms." My name is Alice cross. I'm a freshman perfect, in the day class. Cross academy is a prestigious private school that divides its student body between two groups: the day class and the night class. The day class and the night class share the use of the school facilities in rotation. But when the classes change in the evening, it's always complete chaos. The reason why students from the day class always crowd around in the evening is because... The night class is an elite group of students. And they all are completely gorgeous.

"Are you okay, Alice? They're always so difficult to manage."

"James! Yes, I'm just fine."

"You're always so formal ?with me. It makes me really sad..." He said looking down at me.

"Oh... I didn't mean to... it's because you saved my life."

This is James kurgan. He's the night class representative as well as the dorm leader for the moon dormitory. But also... On that snowy night ten years ago... He's the one who saved my life.

"Don't worry about that anymore. It happened so long ago." He put his hand to my face moving my hair behind my ear.

"Class is starting... Kurgan." James's hand was pulled away from me.

"You're scaring me. Mr. perfect." The night class started walking to the school.

"It's none of my business how much you suck up to kurgan, but you do know the rules, right?" this jerk is Ashton. He's the only other perfect.

" shut up. I know already! They're different from the rest of us."

Because the night class isn't just an elite group of beautiful students. They secret that no one knows about the night class... It that every one of them is a vampire. For that reason ... our jobs as perfects is just a cover. Our real job is to act as the 'school guardians'. To protect the secrets... Of the night class.

Ever since long ago, stretching into the shadows of history, there has been a conflict between humans and vampires. In this country, only a select number of people remember the past, but the existence of vampires is still a terrifying reality.

The reason why students in the day class don't know about this schools secret, is because we deliberately block off all connections between the two classes.

(In the chairmans office)

"This is ridiculous." Ashton said. "How can you possibly expect just the two of us to guard the whole bunch of the bloodsuckers and deal with the screaming idiots in the day class!?"

The chairman was drinking tea at his desk, "I admit it is difficult to deal with every night." He said giving his normal 'thanks for your hard work' look.

"So fine someone else to help me before this whole thing implodes! She's worse than useless!" Ashton said fighting back.

Hey. No way. "I'm not taking that from someone who's late half of the time and absent the rest!" I replied getting up from my seat.

"Impossible. The told of the guardians is critical... If the day class and the night class are to successfully co-exist. You two are the only ones I can trust this that." The chairman started to explain. "Besides... It's a thanks less job, with long hours, sleepless nights, and no respect. No one else would take it. And... I know what my adorable daughter and loving son won't let me down.!"