Chapter Seven

~CHAPTER  7~

~RILEY

Today was the day of homecoming and I was beyond excited. Cam and I had grown very close over these past two weeks, Carlos hadn’t really talked to me all week and I wasn’t sure why. I knew he wasn’t feeling well because of his tweets but that doesn’t mean he can’t reply to me.

Speaking of Carlos my phone just vibrated with a text from him, I smiled, I missed talking to him.

From: Los (:

Hey, skype?

I quickly put my phone down, pulled out my laptop and skyped Carlos. I smiled when he picked up, “hey!” I said.

“Hello there!” he looked like he was in a hotel room. “Oh yes, I am in a hotel, I took a little vacation.”

I nodded, “what’s up? I’ve barely heard from you all week and now im supposed to be getting ready for homecoming but I felt like talking to you instead.”

He smiled, “yeah I needed to talk to you about something.”

I got really worried and when I was about to ask what he meant, my phone rang. I gave Carlos the ‘one minute’ look and quickly answered.

“Hey Cam, what’s up?

“Dude, shut up, you know I don’t like her that way.” I was really confused, he obviously wasn’t talking to me.

“Cam, then why are you taking her to homecoming?”

“Her friend told me she had this thing for me and my friends heard so they dared me to ask her out, but I don’t like her, I just wanna make Lauren jealous.”

I gasped and felt the tears threaten to pour out of my eyes. Carlos looked at me with concern and I decided to yell at Cam, “WELL YOU KNOW WHAT CAM, I DIDN’T WANT TO GO TO HOMECOMING WITH YOU ANYWAYS. DON’T SHOW UP AT MY HOUSE LATER.” I hung up the phone and started crying.

“Riley, don’t leave your house, ok.” Carlos said, I nodded, I didn’t know what he was going to do, he lived in fricken LA, it’s a four hour plane ride.

I sat in my room, listening to music and just sitting on my bed doing nothing. There was four hours until homecoming and I was supposed to be getting ready right now. I heard a knock at the door and I slowly made my way downstairs.

I opened there door and there stood Carlos.

“Hi.” He said smiling. I laughed and smiled.

“How’d you get here?”

“Well I needed to talk to you, so I flew here and was staying in a hotel, the dress shirt and tie, well those were just because.”

I pulled him into a hug and just hugged him, “you’re the best friend ever.” I said. He just hugged me back.

“Let’s go get you ready for this dance.” He said pulling me upstairs.

“Carlos, im not going without a date.”

“Oh, Riley…why do you think I’m here?” He smirked and continued pulling me upstairs. “Now I’m not good at hair or makeup, so you go have fun with that.” He shoved me into my room and gave me two hours to get ready.

Two hours on the dot, I was finally finished. I had put some light makeup on because makeup isn’t important, I had my hair curled into a side ponytail and I had my simple black dress with bright blue heels on.

“Can I come in?” I heard Maya’s voice come from the other side of the door. I opened it and she came in. “Damn, you look good.” She said. I smiled and said a quick thanks.

“You don’t look so bad yourself.” I said to her with a wink. She twirled and struck a pose. I laughed.

“So where is Cam?” She asked.

“Cam’s an asshole. I’ll explain later, ill see you at pictures.” I said as I shoved her out the door. Half hour later Carlos was knocking on my door, telling me it was time to go out to dinner.

I couldn’t believe how this night turned out; I wasn’t expecting to see Carlos randomly show up at my doorstep tonight. Carlos, Maya, her date Steven and I went out to Lucky’s Steakhouse for dinner, um yum! We were driving in Carlos’ jeep right now, Maya and Steven took his car and we decided to meet at the dance.

“You’ve been awfully quiet today Riley.” Carlos broke the silence. I smiled shyly, it’s not that I wasn’t happy he was here; I just didn’t know how to react to him being here.

“I know, I’m glad you’re here, I guess I just wasn’t expecting it.” I spoke up. He nodded,

“I understand, I know you didn’t know I decided to make a trip to your town.”

“Yeah, why did you come here?”

“I needed to figure some things out with you and since it would’ve been awhile until you made it out to LA and I couldn’t wait more than a few days to talk to you.”

“Well what did you need to talk to me about?”

“Let’s not talk about that now, let’s just go have a good night.”

A/N hello there! Long time no post, sorry ): heres the next chapter! hope you enjoyed it <3