Chapter Nine

~CHAPTER NINE~

~Carlos

I was so upset about what went down between Riley and I, that I decided I needed to do something to prove that I understood her. I grabbed all of her favorite things and decided to surprise her. I quickly decorated her room then ran back to my hotel.

I know she would still be upset but I was just as upset and she didn’t understand that. I wasn’t being dramatic, okay; I don’t know maybe I was. I was exhausted, I laid down to sleep but my mind was just wondering. I pulled out my phone because my fans always make me feel better.

@TheCarlosPena: im half a heart without you…

My fans tweeted me positive things and it made me smile, I always knew I could count on them to cheer me up.

I hadn’t talked to the guys in so long and I really missed them, I figured I would come home a few days early. There was nothing left for me here. I picked up my phone and called Logan.

“hey bro, what’s up? how’s the trip?” he sounded so cheerful.

“coming home a few days early, nothing really left here for me.” I said as I stared at the window, it had begun to rain. The weather fit my mood.

“woah, what? Did she not feel the same?”

“She said I didn’t understand her and that was it. She has these walls built up and I can’t get in.”

“And you’re not going to try?”

“LOGAN I HAVE TRIED. WHAT ELSE HAVE I BEEN DOING SINCE THE DAY I MET HER. IM NOT THE ONE PUSHING PEOPLE AWAY.”

“Ya know, what Carlos, maybe you’re not, but maybe she needs someone she pushes away to come running back and not be pushed away.”

“Yes because that makes sense.”

“Don’t be a jerk.” He said and then he hung up the phone. Why, why does this happen to me. I looked at the hotel refrigerator, there had to be some alcohol in there, that always helps my problems go away.

I walked up to it, and grabbed the closest bottle of vodka, i took a sip and felt it burn my throat. I just kept drinking until I couldn’t remember why I started in the first place.

~Riley

I sat on my bed and starred at everything that had been surrounding me. He knew my “deep secrets.” I can’t believe I let him go away angry. I needed to talk to him, but I know he didn’t want to talk to me. I remembered seeing something about letters on twitter awhile back, writing always cleared my mind.

I grabbed a pen and lined paper, with a few envelopes. I sat down at my desk and started writing. Each note was different and had a specific time when he should open them and read them.

I wrote and I wrote, I couldn’t stop, there were so many letters here. They all started with ‘Open When…” I needed to get these to him. I called his phone and he didn’t answer, I quickly remembered I had Logan’s number. I called him and luckily he answered right away.

“LOGAN, THANK GOSH YOU ANSWERED>’

“Riley? Why are yelling?”

“CARLOS WON’T ANSWER ME AND I HAVE TO TALK TO HIM.”

“he called me about an hour ago, told me he was coming home early tomorrow.”

“what, why?”

“You should really let him explain that to you.”

“Logan, in case you haven’t noticed, he isn’t exactly talking to me. If you could ya know help me out, that would be great.’

“This isn’t even my problem, so I think you can handle this on your own.”

“Wow Logan, great friend you are.”

“You don’t even compare to me.” He said and hung up the phone. Wow really, he was really no help at all. I needed to get these to Carlos, but I couldn’t face him. I had all this determination before and Logan telling me I didn’t compare to him as a friend broke me. Did Carlos really not think of me as a friend?

A/N: Filler chapter, so sorry ):