Angel's Judgment

It almost felt like he could see straight through me, as if he were peering into my heart and soul. What the hell was I doing? I barely knew the man and now I'm kissing him? Alice..get a grip. But if I were able to get a grip would I take it? I mean I'm not going to lie...every time I kiss him it feels..I'm not so sure how to describe it. I wouldn't say magical, that's too fantasy like. Like a certain spark, but how would I know? I've never dated anyone, let alone kiss a man. I didn't know what to say, actually. It was one of those awkward but not awkward moments of silence? He snickered and turned his head. "What's so funny?" I asked him, curiosity in my voice. "Nothing is funny it's just..who would've known that..someone so innocent as you could have so much hidden away." He hesitated. Maxen suddenly then grabbed me, shoving his body onto mine. I could feel the warm sensation of his tongue, slowly moving inside my mouth. His lips pressed against mine, whatever was going on here...I enjoyed it. I softly moaned, as the kiss slowly became more intense. The sounds of our moist lips, moving together somewhat passionately. I broke off, gasping for bits of air. He grinned, "Can't take me? Can you Angel?" Maxen smirked, his eyes piercing as ever. I stayed silent and kept the blush slightly under control. "Your face is almost as red as your tongue." He chuckled and sneered. Okay, maybe not. I shook my head stepping backwards again, and picking up my purse. I couldn't do this..although it was like an addiction I had to pull myself away. As I was about to leave the room, he stopped me with his arm. "Now where do you think you're going? I'm not letting you slip away that easily you know. These secrets can't get out.." I didn't necessarily know what to say..I had to leave. "Well, I'll make sure not to say a word. I realize this was all a mistake..please if you'll excuse me.." I mumbled, trying to leave again once more. His arms stopped me in my path, I didn't see what the big deal was?

"You can't leave."

"Why not? We just met, there's nothing holding me back, to tie myself to you. This was all just a big misunderstanding."

"You don't get it, Angel."

He clenched his fists, but released them to hold my shoulders instead. "This is going to sound crazy, insane, but what isn't? You left a ghost inside me, waging war behind my eyes. But I..I want you. Your beauty, your innocence, your soft smile that I desire to see only for me. I don't want any other to have you..you're too precious for such a cruel world. Let me give you the protection you deserve to have, and I can assure you..you won't be sorry." His voice was a little kinder..as if he was actually trying. Trying to get me to stay with him? It sounded a little convincing actually..but it could just be mind games to use me. No. No, I won't. "I'm sorry Maxen, but I'm not going to stay with you. It's an absurd thing to do, we barely know each other. I have to go now." I got out of his grasp, and made my way towards the door. He let me go, but instead of trying to hold me back simply put his hands into his back pockets.

"Wait!"

His voice was quick but loud enough to catch my attention, enough to make me stop and face him once more. He walked towards me, and softly spoke. "One last kiss..for the road." He smiled sympathetically and made his lips meet mine. I accepted, it was the least I could do. A couple seconds in though..I felt a sharp pain in my neck. What was this? I shifted off of him, and reached for my neck. Reaching to only feel his hand and a syringe..everything felt woozy. I dropped my purse, and became quite light headed. "M-Maxen..?" I could barely get the words to come out, as I felt myself loss consciousness...everything began to darken. With that, I was out.

Maxen picked up Alice's unconscious body gracefully, as well as her purse. He poured the left over drink on the lamp, causing the lightbulb to go out. He took one last look at Alice's face before leaving the room and spoke softly to her, "You foolish girl, I tried to help you learn the easy way." He made his way out of the room, bypassing all the people and headed toward his car, grinning all the way through the night's ride home.