Chapter 1

I barged through the bathroom door, letting it slam with a bang. Since school had ended a half hour ago, there was no one else in the bathroom but me. Tears streaming down my face, I ran to the sink and looked at myself. How could you have been so stupid. I thought to myself, Why would you ever think he would ever fall for you. I reached for a paper towel to dry my eyes, then sat on the bench at the end of the bathroom. How could I have been caught up in this mess. I thought back to when it started, about a week ago...

Alya walked through the glass front doors of Keaton on Monday morning. She started down the hall, then noticed Jax facing the other direction on his phone. She walked up behind him, and tapped on his shoulder. He jerked around, surprised, then broke into his signature goofy grin. "Hey, Alya" he said, then leaned in for a kiss on the forehead. Jax and Alya were Keaton's "perfect couple." Everyone shipped them, and her Instagram photos with him got extra likes. "I haven't talked to you all weekend, where have you been" Ayla asked. Jax combed his hand through his hair, "I was with my cousin, Bianca. She lives downtown, and I was just showing her around the community." Alya smiled "Aw, how nice...well I have to get to class, see ya." She gave him a little hug "later."

"Alright class, today we have a new student" Mr. Park announced. A boy walked in, looking shy with the extra attention. He was cute, Alya thought. Really cute. He had dark, mysterious eyes, jeans that fit him just right, and an acoustic guitar slung on his back. "I'm Miles," he said, than he quickly made his way to the back of the class.