Feels Like L.A

"If there's one thing I've realized about you, Fischbach, it's that you're persistent," Jack commented.

He groaned inwardly as Mark began laughing hysterically at the look of mock disappointment in his friend's face. After his laughter died down a bit, he put on his best smile and beamed towards Jack, placing a hand gently on his knee.

"If there's one thing I've realized about you, McLoughlin, it's that you love every second of it," Mark whispered seductively in his ear.

A blush creeped on Jack's face, just as Mark bent down and kissed him gently on the forehead. It was true, however, that every moment spent around this charming, handsome man from L.A. gave him a high feeling of joy and belonging. He'd never met anyone who made him feel as... complete.

It had been a long road of self-discovery, starting with his first trip to America, back 6 months prior, when he first met Mark in person. After he finally was able to admit it to himself, just a mere three weeks before his trip to Seattle, that he was in love with this goober from America, it felt as if a thousand weights had lifted off his shoulders. He was able to be himself fully, for the first time in a long time. And that was invigorating.

Mark stood up, gently ruffling Jack's messy hair, and sauntered over to the bathroom sink of the hotel room. "Well, my laddie, our subjects await." Jack rolled his eyes, but gave a loving smile as he, too, got up and prepared to go attend the convention.

--

The crowd at PAX Prime was a rowdy bunch, straight from the beginning. Within minutes of walking in the entrance, both Mark and Jack found themselves bombarded with fans wanting signatures, pictures and high fives, some also carrying gifts and letters for them to read. After about 30 minutes of activity, they politely shooed away the rest of the crowd, who groaned collectively with disappointment, and headed their way towards their first destination.

"Are you ready, Jackaboy? I know you thought Pax East was a trip, wait until you see this bunch..." Mark laughed heartily and grabbed Jack's hand, pulling him towards the back entrance to the panel.

They walked through the double doors, [Panelists Only], and were greeted instantly by Wade, Bob, Yami, and Matthias, among many others. Jack's eyes lit up as he realized how many people were actually here that he recognized. And to think, he was ranked up there among these people now, people he had looked up to. And now, here he was, rubbing elbows and shaking hands with what he, for the longest time, considered the elite of Youtube.

Mark looked over at Jack, and smiled to himself. That precious little muffin. He looks so curious and awe struck... like an innocent puppy. Mark chuckled, and squeezed Jack's shoulder tightly, who looked up at him, wide eyed.

Jack blushed furiously when he realized what he must look like to Mark right now. "I'm sorry. I just... it's so much to take in all at once. I'm actually here! And to be here with you! It's so... Oh, I'm so happy, Mark!" He let out a girly squeal jokingly and jumped up and down in excitement. Mark laughed heartily and shook his head.

Jack then reached up and wrapped his arms around Mark's neck, not caring about the fact they were in public, in front of all his new friends, and pulled him in for an intimate hug, the feelings of happiness and love for Mark overwhelming him through the jests and teasing.

Mark didn't react the way Jack expected him to, however. He surprisingly felt the taller man's shoulders stiffen and take a sharp breath, and he pulled away, gently but firmly pushing Jack's arms away from his neck before Jack could protest.

"Don't..." is all Mark uttered as he took a step back awkwardly. Before Jack could fathom a response, he walked towards Wade and Bob. He watched as Mark gave Wade a hug, and patted Bob on the back softly, exchanging a few words with both men, laughter escaping his lips at something Wade whispered. He didn't even look back towards Jack.