Chapter 6: Off the Case

Nick is at the hospital sitting in a chair at the waiting area alone. Nick was still shaken up after what just happened to Judy. He didn't see it coming. There was no gun sound heard. Nick was even blaming himself. On the news on the television was explaining about the situation plus the deaths of many civilians inside the United Animal Kingdom Bank that the suspect robbed. He's like telling himself that he should have paid more attention to his surroundings. Suddenly Chief Bogo, a male Tiger and female cougar officers and a male and female lions in suits came up to Nick and Bogo sat next to Nick.

"How is she?" Asked Chief Bogo.

"She is in surgery." Said Nick in a depressed and sadly tone. "A large caliber went through her right shoulder. She lost a lot of blood. I'm praying that she'll be alright."

"We all know that she'll be alright, Wilde. You two been through a lot together. I'm sure she'll be ok."

Both of them got up and Chief Bogo began to introduce the two lions in suits.

"These two are Lion Federal Bureau Agents Merida Breeze and Henning Russell. Both of them know who these suspects are."

"The suspects are all former Leone Army Special Operation Forces plus former Private Military Contractors." Said the lioness agent who is Agent Breeze. "They all got kicked out when they murdered those innocent civilians in the Middle East and then started doing heists. These lions are very focus and very dangerous."

"What's up with the lion I captured?" Asked Nick.

"That was Johnathan MacGuffin." Said Male Tiger Officer. "He won't be helpful because he wouldn't say shit...nor will be ever to say shit again."

Nick then got concerned about what the Tiger officer was talking about.

"What do you mean?" Asked Nick.

"He's dead." Said the female cougar officer. "The son of a bitch had a cyanide pill disguised as a tooth and used it to kill himself."

"And I have to tell you that you are off this case, lad." Said Agent Russell.

After hearing that, Nick turn to the LFBA agents with a confused look on his face and felt anger inside him like he wants to punch Agent Russell in the mouth.

"The hell you mean off this case?" Asked Nick angrily.

"This is a LFBA case, son. We can take care of it from here." Said Agent Breeze.

"This should be my case! My wife is the one who's in surgery!"

"I know you don't like this, Nick but...please stay out of this and let the agents do their job...please."

"Hey man...don't do anything stupid." Said the Tiger detective officer as he starts to walk off.

After the group left, Nick sat down in frustrated because he's now off the case of finding the lion suspects. He really wanted to hunt down the monsters who responsible for Benjamin's death and shot and injured Judy. Suddenly a male otter doctor walked up to Nick which made him get up off his seat with a worried look on his face.

"How is she?" Asked Nick.

"She's lost a lot of blood and will be unconscious for a couple of days but she and the baby are fine." said the doctor.

Nick then gave out a confused look to the doctor. She said baby.

"Oh I guessed you didn't know." Said the male doctor otter when he noticed Nick's reaction. "Well you see while we were trying to fix her up, we found out that she's pregnant and it's not harm. Don't worry she's going to be alright but it may take her long time until she wakes up. You should go home and get some rest. We'll take good care of her."

"Thank you."

The doctor then walks away leaving Nick alone. Nick slowly sat down in the chair surprised that Judy's pregnant. He then remembered that Judy was going to tell him that she's pregnant before she got shot. Nick's eyes began to watered and he began to sob softly. He couldn't believe that Judy is pregnant. Meaning that he's going to be a father.

A few minute later, Nick was driving himself home to get some rest. His eyes were still a little watered. Nick then finally made it home, parked his car, got out and started walking towards his home until he felt a worst pain to the back of his right leg which made him get on his knees and felt another worst pain to the lower part of his back which made him hit the floor. Behind him is a male lion who is all black fur and mane, green eyes, muscular and wearing military dog tags, green tank top and black cargo pants and boots. He even was holding a metal baseball bat but then drops it to the ground and started beating on Nick. The unknown lion was kicking and stomping Nick multiple times and then stopped on his last kick to Nick's back. The lion then turns Nick over to face him with his foot and start to speak to him.

"Listen haur, ye wee jobby. Bide th' heel it ay uir way ur we'll kill ye an' yer feckin' guidwife."

Nick was still feeling pain that was given to him but what the lion just told him made him more angry. The lion then kicked Nick to the face and made him unconscious.

"'at was fur macguffin."