Rude Awakenings

"Morning, Kade," Phil greeted as he walked into the kitchen.

I was already up and make breakfast since I didn't sleep after writing. I was making pancakes, bacon, eggs, and biscuits. There was tea and coffee already made, and juice in the fridge.

"Morning, Phil," I smiled at him as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"It smells delicious in here! You didn't have to make us breakfast, you know."

"I know that, but I've lived alone for almost three years now. I miss cooking for other people besides myself. Plus, it's the least I could do when you let me stay overnight."

"It's our pleasure. We love having you here, you're just like one of the guys."

"Well I appreciate that," I smiled, still cooking.

Phil sat down at the counter, Dan soon coming in and sitting next to him. Both Phil and Dan were dressed for the day, I hadn't heard the shower run, but they both looked clean. I shook it off as I finished making the eggs and bacon.

"I thought you were our guest!" Dan protested.

"Dan, just shut up," I laughed. "Whether you like it or not, I like doing things for you guys, and there's nothing you can do to stop me."

Chris soon came in with PJ following behind. They looked like they just woke up, still in their sleepwear. They sat down at the counter next to Dan and Phil, waiting to be served.

"I didn't know you guys had a cook," Chris teased, causing me to stop pouring pancake batter.

"Why is it such a big deal that I'm cooking? I'm doing something nice for you guys and you get a meal out of it and yet all you're doing is complaining that I don't have to. I know I don't have to, but I want to. Is it so wrong to want to serve others?" I stated, sort of having an outburst.

The room fell silent as I went back to flipping pancakes, almost done making them. I took the biscuits out of the oven and put them on a plate. I then put the pancakes on a large platter, eggs on a slightly smaller plate, and the bacon on the smallest, setting all the plates down o the counter.

"Enjoy. By the way, good morning to you all too, since Phil was the only one who even greeted me today."

I didn't even care that I was still in my sleepwear or that I hadn't showered or that I heard all the boys calling after me. I opened and slammed the front door, getting in my car and driving back to my place. I know I'm being really harsh on them, but when you're underappreciated for your entire life, it's not something you can just take anymore...