Chapter 1- Getting to Know

"Zaine! I'm leaving now!" I shout, grabbing my things and heading for the door. He quickly runs to the front of our apartment from his bedroom to me; with nothing but his robe on. Gross.

"Scar, hold on!" He's out of breath. "Where are you going?" 

I shrug my shoulders, "Out with some friends, why?" 

"Get me some groceries on the way?" 

"No. You get them yourself, lazybones." I turn and open the door; he lightly grabs my arm, tugging me back towards him.

"C'mon please?" He gives me those irresistible puppy-dog eyes. I give in. I just love him too much.

I sigh. "Fine. What do you want?" Zaine quickly takes a torn sheet of paper from out of his pocket and hands it to me. 

"Thanks. See you later on tonight." I leave.

I'm meeting my friends to get smoothies. I can't wait to finally see them. I haven't since last school year. 

Summer is sadly over and this is our last day before going back to that hell-hole. We attend St. James Private School for Girls and Boys or JPS as we all call it for short. 

I know what you all are thinking...no this was not my choice of school. My parents, before they died in a house fire, have requested to send me there in their Will. Thanks alot Mom, Dad. It's pretty boring. We have to wear stupid uniforms and abide by the rules...or in my case, some of the rules. Rules, to me are just challenges that need to be tested. I love the thrill, the rush. Anyway, I live with my brother and his friend in a huge loft apartment. It's pretty sweet. He lets me basically do what I please which is great in my opinion. I have a good life with friends and freedom. Ahh yeah.

                                                                               ****

"Scar!" My friends all yell as I approach the table they're seated at.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I ask, taking a random seat next to a stranger.

"Derek just challenged each of us to tie a cherry stem in their mouth while kissing anyone at this table." My best friend, Savannah laughed holding up a cherry. My other friends all look at me eagerly.

I hold my hands up in surrender. "What?"

"Well do you wanna try it?" Asked my other friend, Tammy.

"Well....I can never back down from a challenge."

I take the cherry from Savannah and break off the stem then grab the guy next to me,smashing our lips together. This may sound trampy but I seriously didn't know who this guy was. I haven't seen him ever. I guess he's family to one of my friends here.

He doesn't pull back shocked so I go for it and try to tie the stem. Hopefully this guy'll be some help. 

After a few oohs and ahhs, I can feel the stem twisting and I've got to admit, this is pretty hard. I've also got to give homeboy some props, he's a pretty good kisser. We should hook up after this. 

"DONE!" I say out of breath and pulling the stem from out of my mouth. 

Everyone claps and cheers for us. The guy who'd completed the challenge with me gave me a high five. 

Now that I look at him....he is pretty cute looking.

Hot.

Tan.

After a few hours of talking and laughing, the gang decided to take this fun to Derek's place. I let Tammy and Savannah carpool with me with Derek, Justin, Sam, and the mystery guy riding in front of us. 

Dana and Sav take this little opportunity to talk about girl stuff.

"Omg Scar! I didn't think you'd actually finish the challenge, And with Dylan too!" So his name is Dylan.. :3

I laugh at my amazed friend but keep my focus on the wheel. 

"He's pretty hot don't you think?" Savannah asks in the passenger seat. 

"Yeah, I guess." 

"You guess? The boy is smoking! I'd snatch him up if I weren't with Justin." After saying that Tammy realizes what she just said. "Umm..Please don't tell him I said that. He'd kill me and I'd never hear the end of it." I see her lower her head from the rear view mirror.

Savannah and I nodd. "So are you gonna go for it?" 

"I don't know. Maybe. Probably." 

We finally arrive and the boys jump out of Derek's car and walk into the house. 

"Well if you want him, you better get him now. I can tell he's hot on the market." Savannah leaves with that note and follows the guys.

I turn off the engine and step out of my car. The warm air hits me and calms me. 

Tammy comes up from behind me, "Are you thinking about him being your boyfriend or just your toy?" I think over it for a little bit before answering.

I laugh and leave after answering," My toy of course." 

I wasn't looking for love or relationships. Love only brings trouble, trouble that I don't want to get into right now. I'm too sexy to get into a real relationship. I may sound like a total tool when I say this but I'm more of a 'get it and quit it' type of gal. I dump guys before they break my heart and dump me. I crush them before they crush me. That's how I see it.  Simple no?

"Where is everybody?" I ask entering the living room. I only see Sam and Dylan.

"Probably upstairs." Sam answers raising and lowering his eyebrows. I knew what That meant.

"So why are you guys down here for? You guys gonna make out?" I joke, laughing.

"Woah! Woah! Woah! Scar, that was low, even for you." Sam shouted. 

"I'm so into girls, it's not even funny. I live for boobs, not balls." Dylan says with his charming humor. I like that. 

I saunter over to them. "Relax boys, I was joking. Don't get your jock straps in a bunch alright?" 

They laugh then it gets quiet and a bit awkward. I must have Dylan's lips!

"So Dylan, nice kissing. You must be a pro at it." I coo, Sam scoffs and I shoot him evil eyes.

Dylan laughs as I sit in between them but face Dylan. "Well having girlfriends gives you lots of practice." Hmmm...I'm assuming he's had lots. 

I lay my hand on his leg while moving closer to him. "Well since your an expert, why not teach me some of those moves on me, huh?" 

Instantly, our faces are drawn together and soon our lips connect. God, he's a good kisser. My hands find their way to his beautiful brown, messy hair and tangle themselves while his hands roam the sides of my stomach. This feels good.

"Ugh, would you guys just get a room. Disgusting. Seriously." Dylan and I stop and flicker our eyes from Sam back to each other. He shrugs and we move upstairs and into an empty room.  

After closing the door, Dylan turns to me and eye's me like I'm a buttery biscuit. He quickly steps forward and smashes his lips on mine, causing me to fall back onto the nearby bed; He lying on top of me. 

"You are so hot." He says out of breath before clashing our lips together again.

"I know." Things are getting rough and rowdy in here and I love it.

Dylan then trails kisses down my neck, and placing little bites, making me moan. I can feel him smile as he kisses me more. Having nothing else to do, I run my hands up his shirt and feel the many ripples in his skin. Nice. I like them ripped. I carefully lift his shirt off, allowing our lips to part for a quick second. 

"I never got your name." He pants, sliding off my white denim shorts. 

"Scarlette." I answer. And from then on, things get awesome.