Unexpected Love.

It was summer 2013. I'm about to start my freshman year. Middle school is over. And, thank god summer's almost over. I can't wait to get out of the house again. I'll tell you more about that later. But, I've moved. To a city in Indiana. Away from all my friends in California. I finished my last few weeks at Batchelor Middle School. I walk home, but I live a few blocks away. Not really far if you think about it.

  I was walking home one day, and I saw a group of boys. I don't know why they captured so much of my attention. They looked so, different. They looked they could be senior age, but they were kind of cute. I think there were five of them. There was a moment when one of them looked at me, he just kind of stared at me. It made me feel uncomfortable. I'm not used to attention. But, they definitely had a different style.

  We moved to Bloomington, Indiana because my step dad got a new job up here. A few blocks later, I arrived in Batchelor Heights. My house is a two story, white coloured house. Others around it looked similar. My door was red, and it had four squares on it. Then, we had green shutters on the windows. And we had a black roof. I walk in and there's a staircase in front of me, leading to the bedrooms. To my right, towards the back is the kitchen, a living room, and a bathroom. I have a two year old baby brother, so the house stays messy. Up-stairs, like I said, are the bedrooms. Only three though. To the left of the staircase, upstairs, is the first bedroom. Then, another bathroom. There's just a wall in front of the stair case. So, to the right of the staircase, are two more bedrooms. Then a play room over to the left for my baby brother. My mom turned it into a play room when my older brother moved out. I have a 20 year old brother. He's five years older than me. He's not 20 yet, but he will be two days before I turn 15. And i'm 12 years older than my baby brother.

  So, I havent really told you much how I look. Simple. Some people woud label me as "goth" or "emo." I'm not really that way. It's just how I look. I have brown, curly hair, but I straighten it every day. I already know what your thinking, don't tell me. I'm  ruining my hair! I've heard it only a million times. Anyway, I always wear skinny jeans, and long sleeves. When it's hot out I wear BVB, SWS, PTV, BOTDF, and other fan shirts. I also like The Goo Goo Dolls.

  I wear a lot of bracelets though. Well.... What do I have to do for the rest of summer. Just a week left.

  "Maria Rose! Come do these dishes!" Looks like i'm doing chores. And, yeah... My name is Hispanic, but i'm not. I get made fun of at school for it. I'm all American so..... Yeah, dish time.

  "Okay i'm coming!" I yell back to my mom. I walk into the kitchen to see my mom angry, like usual. 

  "I told you to do these earlier!"  My mom growled

  "I- I-, i'm sorry." I mumbled. Then my mom slapped me hard across the face.

  "You know what to do when I tell you!" she yelled at me. "And you know not to mumble when you speak to me! Now do the dishes!" And she stomped off. This is what I hate about being my age. I have to be told what to do. 

  After I did the dishes, I went back upstairs to my room. I locked the door, shut my blinds to make it look dark.

THIS PART IS EXPLICIT. YOU MAY SKIP THIS PART IF YOU PLEASE.

  I took out my special jewelry box. I could hear my music that I had left on across the room. "My Immortal" by Evanescence. I shuffled through my jewelry box and pulled out my razor. This is why I wear long-sleeves, bracelets and such. This is why I get called "emo" at school

  I took the razor in my right hand and slid it across my left wrist. I winced in the pain it gave me, but a hint of a high feeling. I slid it across my wrist a few more times and put the razor away. I could feel the blood dripping down my wrist. My wrist felt like it was burning, but I always liked the pain. The song went off, and I sat there, alone in the silence.