Chapter 2

She walked through the castle gates, she tucked the package under her cape. The villagers around her didn't notice her heavy breathing. She was nervous, "why am I nervous? So what if I get sentenced to death, at least it's done." She looked around for watching guards and people before slipping off into the castle's private court yard.

->->----------> ->->-------> ->->--------->

Conner gulped nervously, watching all the village people flood through the gates just to hear how him, the eldest son of 4, would become their king today. He glanced at his little sister, Jemma, who shot him a shy smile. She was his favorite sibling, he could always talk to her about anything and she would listen. The trumpets started playing as Queen Gloria stood from her throne and walked to her podium.

->->-------> ->->--------> ->->--------->

She climbed the stone wall that surrounded the castle. She hit the path and ran towards the announcement plaza. She could hear the trumpets blasting nearby, it was almost time. She could start to see the crowd gathered together, she ran faster. The Queen started her announcements. "As of today I shall not be your Queen, but you shall have a new King in my place." She got to the spot, quickly she unwrpped the package. Inside was a bow carved from a studry oak tree. She lifted it and pulled the firm sting. "This will do nicely" she thought. Under the bow was 5 arrows, one for each. She lifted the fist one and put it against the sting of the bow, pulled it back, took aim, and let go.

->->---------> ->->---------> ->->---------->

Conner watched it all. He seen the arrow fly from the top of the stone wall. He seen a swish of a sapphire cape run from the wall. He saw the arrow go right through his mother's heart. He seen the villagers scramble and scream. He watched the guards grab his brothers and sister. He felt lost, distance, he stumbled and fell onto the ground. The last thing he heard was the gaurd yelling for someone to help pick him up and carry him back to the castle.

->->---------> ->->---------> ->->---------->

"I did it"

"All of them? Even the children?"

"Sir there was some complications"

"What complications?"

"The guards saw me, they chased my up to the gate."

"How many of them are dead?"

"....one..."

"Who's that?"

"The queen"