Chapter One

Conner sat there, under the willow tree, listening to the people in the village go along with their day, "How am I supposed to rule a Kingdom?". He's always dreamed of being king, but now he's not so sure. A breeze blows and the branches of the tree rustle, his horse starts grazing. "Just how am I supposed to do this?" Conner gets up and mounts his horse. He starts in the path to the castle.

->->--------> ->->---------> ->->---------->

Her cape rustled the leaves as she tried to walk quietly through the woods. She lifts it up and carries it, no use in wearing it just yet. She gets closer and closer to the village, she plans to walk through like a normal tradeswoman. Yet she's not, she pulls the hood over her head a ducks under the tarp of a tent.

"Hello Eric"

"Oh look, she finally made it, I've been waiting on you."

"Do you got what I asked for?"

"Yes ma'am, right here we are."

He presents her with a leather wrapped package. She lifts if up and walks out of the tent.

"You forgot something" Eric jestures at his money jar.

"I shouldn't have to pay, I'm using this for a good cause"

"Okay then, it's on the house"

He winks and she continues walking down the dusty trade road.

->->----------------> ->->-------------------->

"Mother do you really think I'm ready?"

"Don't move Conner, I've got to get your hair right. Comb it to the left Mary."

The maid brushed at Conner's hair as he sat there thinking. "Today is the day, I'm becoming king, Mother is announcing it tonight. I'm not ready."

"Finished" said the maid as she stepped back to let Queen Gloria see.

"Very good, move along now."

Mary gathers her things and leaves.

"Mother, I don't think I'm ready."

"Nonsense, You've had all your schooling. Your more ready than anyone in the kingdom."

"But what if I.......screw up?"

"Conner your going to make a great King. Your subjects will love you."

Conner opened his mouth in protest, but slowly closed it again, "it's better not to argue", he thought.

"Alright, come on then. It's time."