Chapter 1

I played dead for such a long while, well ,at least I thought it was long. I minimized my breathing and movement. As I moved slowly, pushing myself with the heels of my feet, I built the courage to open my eyes. To my surprise there wasn't anyone there in the room. I sighed and started to look around the room. I never noticed how nice the room was. The walls were painted with great detail. The ceiling was covered in stars ,as if there was no ceiling at all. The bed looked as if it were made for a princess with pink and white blankets, pillows and bed sheets.Next to the bed was a closet full of dresses and shoes. I felt slightly jealous of who's room I was in. I searched the room for anything and anyone. I heard the door open, just as I found my sword. I grabbed a dress that had fallen from its hanger and was now on the closet floor to wrap my sword with it as I rolled underneath the bed that was to my right with the sword in my arms. I could hear my heart racing and thumping loudly. I swore someone could hear it.

''Where's the little girl?'' a man asked ,raising his voice with every word.

''How am I supposed to know? And stop yelling at me.'' said a woman ,trying to stay calm.

''I'm not yelling, if i were yelling it be like THIS WOMAN! NOW LOOK FOR THE GIRL!''

The woman glared at the man as he left the room. ''You can come out now'' she said kindly, sort of like a mother.

Before I came out of hiding, I took my sword out of the dress that I used to cover it and slowly came out from under the bed. I pointed the sword at her as I did.

       ''It's okay , I won't hurt you. ''she said calmly. I looked at her. She looked like a kind woman. She was probably in her early thirties. She had pretty, curled blonde hair with radiant green eyes and was at the average women's height. She wore a dress, full of patches. She looked like a noble in poverty clothing. I slowly withdrew my sword.

''Good, good. Now come here'' she said as I walked to her. ''What's your name?''

''....I don't have one''

"Oh, I'll give you one then. .......How about Eleanor ?'' I shook my head. ''No..okay, umm ,Lucy?'' I shook my head again. She sighed ''Josephine?'' I shook my head again. ''Oh, I know, Alice'' she said,  nodding her head.  I smiled. ''Yes, well now I haven't introduced myself, huh? My name is Evangeline Mathews.''

''Thank you for my name'' I said quietly.