Chapter 2

Evangeline got up from the bed and looked through the closet. I watched her curiously. 'What is she looking for,' I wondered.

''Found it!'' she exclaimed as she found a dress. She laid it across the bed where she was sitting, next to me. It was a beautiful dress. It was a pink dress with much lacing and went to my knees when I tried it on.I could now tell a bit of details about her now.Her favorite color is pink, She likes lace. She is very feminine.  ''Do you like it?'' she asked as she held my hand and led me to the mirror. I looked at myself for the the first time in a long while. I hadn't noticed how much I changed. My eyes then led to the dress. I nodded my head to answer her question.

''Good, '' she said as she held my hand again and led me out of the room, ''now follow me.''

I was led to a bathroom which was as big as a small bedroom. She helped me out of the dress and then she gave me a bath as if I was a dog who hadn't had one in a long time, which I hadn't. It felt good though. I just sat in the tub as she washed me. ''close your eyes now,'' she said. As I closed my eyes she poured water over my head to wash out the soap from my hair. She then dried me after I bathed and clothed me. I felt like she was my mother for a moment. I wish she was. She began to brush my hair and style it. She parted my hair to the right and then took part of hair that was above my ears and slightly behind and tied it together behind my head. She then put a pin in it. I looked in the mirror. I looked and felt like a princess. I smiled slightly to her. ''One final touch'' she said as she put a small tiara on my head.

''....What's this?'' I asked.

''A tiara'' she answered, plainly.

''I know that but why did you place it on my head where it does not belong.''

''That is true but we need to disguise you.''

''For what?''

''For when he comes to look for you again.''

''Why?''

''He would have sold you to a slave trade.'' I stayed silent. I then was about to say something but she began to talk again. ''You will pretend to be my daughter, ok? That way I can protect you from him.'' she said and I nodded my head. She then took of the rags she was wearing and underneath was a dress. A petite dress made with a pastel pink fabric and white lace. It fitted her image more than rags.

''But we look nothing alike,'' I claimed.

''Oh.., but we slightly do.'' she said. I looked at her with confused eyes.

''We do?''

''Yes, although your hair is the color of a moonless night , we have the same nose, small, thin and slightly angled. Also, our eyebrows are quite thin, although your eyes a bit bushier. We have a natural arch. Our skin is as pale as ivory. We have the same emerald green eyes. You see we have many similarities and if all goes wrong with saying that we are mother and daughter, we shall say that, you look more like your father. Oh and you can call my mother now.''

 ''Yes....Mother'' I said. It was my first call someone Mother. It gave me a warm feeling inside. She smiled gently.