Chapter Seventeen

Light's POV-

I wake up in the middle of the night from the nightmares I always get. I've never told anyone about because I don't want them to worry, they have enough to deal with right now.

I silently get out of our room to wonder the halls. I look at the grandfather clock a few feet away from the door and see that its only 10:16. "That gives me at least 8 hours to come back here so they don't worry about me." I thought aloud. I look at the paintings that were spaced out on the walls.

They show everyone that lived here and underneath the paintings showed the names of them. I keep walking deeper into the endless hallway while running my fingers against the smooth walls. I see I flash of light at the turning point of the hall so I continue walking to find out what it came from.

The light appears again then it disappeared seconds later, I start going in a slight jog until I step into a gooey substance. I look down to see what it was until I felt a sharp pain in my head and left hip then saw a image of Scarlet with an evil smile. Moments later the image and pain disappeared.

I head back to the room and I'm hit with the pain again not only in my head and left hip but my right arm and leg. Another image of Scarlet appeared but she was with a guy who had purple eyes. Slowly the pain went away. I ran back to my room and ran past the clock to see that it's 12:03. I entered the room and the pain came back. It was my whole entire body that ached it pain worse than before. I try to breath but I can't, I see Scarlet again but this time she was right it front of me. Soon I pass out from the pain.
(:)(:)(:)
I wake up, to find myself on my bed. I quickly sit up, remembering what happened and see Scarlet staring right at me. I feel someone shake my shoulder gently and look to see who it was, Shun. He looks at my with concern in his eyes.

"She's coming and someone will be put in a coma." I whisper softly, looking down at my hands to find them shaking.

"What did you say?" I hear someone ask.

I shake my head trying not to cry. "She's coming and someone will be put in a coma." I whispered again, feeling the tears prick the edge of my eyes.

"Can you speak a little louder?" I hear another one ask.

I felt the tears start to fall down. "She's coming and one of us with be put in a coma because of her!" I snapped. I pulled my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around my legs, just letting the tears fall.

I look up to see everyone looking at me. Ari speaks up and says, "But we already know someone is going to die it said it the prophecy."

"I know that," I said looking straight at her. "Someone else will be put in a coma, because she is going to do it."

"Who is, Light?" Ari asked.

"Scarlet." I say calmly, while looking at everyone and seeing the scared looks in their faces.

"How do you know?" Annie asked and Ember nodded to that.

"Because the pain is getting worst and the images of her are becoming more real and getting closer every time." I told them.

Damien looked confused. I then tell him, "Every time something bad is going to happen I see a image of Scarlet and I get a pain. Then depending on how bad something is, the worst the pain is. Last night I was wondering about and I came back here. Then when reached the doorway, the pain consumed my entire body and the image of Scarlet was so realistic. I soon passed out because of the pain." I look at every one then look back at my hands to see them shaking again. A wave of pain hit my body and I saw her looking at me and seeing my mother in the background. The pain disappeared and I hear everyone whispering.

"She has mother but that can't be possible, mother is dead. I know mother's dead, I'm the one who killed her." I say aloud, feeling a fresh set of tears falling down my face.

"Are you-" I screamed in pain as it came back even worse and it kept getting worse as the seconds went by eventually I blacked out.
(:)(:)(:)
I feel coldness hit me so my eyes shoot open, to find I'm soaked in water. I'm  laying on the floor so I sit up slowly and look down at the marbled floor.

"Glad to see you're alive, because that means I get to kill you myself." I heard someone say. A deep growl escape my lips as I recognized the voice.

"Well," I say calmly. "It's good to see you, too."

"Yeah, it's been so long since are last chat, Aralynn." He said and I cringe at the sound of my name.

"Don't call me that." I say and look up to find him sitting in front of me.

"Why not, Aralynn?" He asked with a smirk.

"Because Kadance." I say trying not to smirk back. 

He scowls at me. "That's not my name."

"Why not, Kadance." I say innocently.

We stare at each other for what seemed like hours but it was only for a few minutes. I look into his eyes which were a bright purple that held no emotion in them. "Do you want to start over?" he asked, startling me.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I know we have had a bad friendship thing at the start, so do you want to start over?" He says with his voice full of hope.

"Sure," I say.