Hug Her Tight [Jungkook x Yein]

"...As though she will be gone,
I'll hug her tight.
So she won't leave,
I'll hug her tight."

Finishing the song with all his emotions, he slowly held the microphone down.

Loosening his grip on the microphone a little, he breathed in deep, stopping tears that were threatening to fall.

He was the best singer known who could convey the deep emotions of his songs. He never failed to get the audience teary-eyed during his performances.

Ignoring the cheers, he only focused on resisting the urge to run off stage. As a performer, he had to stay on stage till the end.

Finally, the last note played. He bowed and hurriedly went backstage. His eyes wandered around the dimly-lighted room, searching for her.
"Yah...where are you?" he mumbled to himself anxiously. He couldn't wait to see her.

Then, he heard giggles behind him. His heart raced. He almost turned around when she exclaimed excitedly.

"Don't turn around! Nu-gu-gae?~(Who am I?)"

"Wah! Eomma!"

"Eh?! Yah Jeon Jungkook!"

She folded her arms and glared at his back. He chuckled and turned to face her.

Her face softened as she looked at him. They stared at each other longingly before he bent down and pulled her into a tight embrace.

As though she will be gone,
I'll hug her tight.
So she won't leave,
I'll hug her tight.

The lyrics of his self-composed song never left his mind. Neither did it leave hers.

"I'll hug you tight~"

The both of them sang in harmony. She burst out laughing. He couldn't help but smile widely because of her. She was such a cheerful girl and he admired her. He loved her too. Definitely.

"You did well, my son!" she played along.

"Thanks for coming. " he whispered, then placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Of course you should be thankful! I only have two hours to spend outside. That's what Dr Kang said. How I wish we could at least have a date! Wait...we can! Quick! We have like...emm...45 more minutes! "

"Are you sure? Are you not feeling tired? Maybe we should just go back to the hos-"

"I'm fine! Really. Please, let's go out together today. "

Jungkook hesitated. He was always worried about her. With her condition, she needed ample rest.

"Pleaseeee~ it's the last time we will be able to go out together before my surgery...furthermore I don't even know if I can make it..."

Jungkook sighed and looked into her eyes deeply. He held her hands and spoke gently.

"Yah Jeong Yein. How many times must I tell you to stay positive? Everything will be fine okay? And remember that I'll be waiting for you. Don't you dare leave me. "

Yein nodded weakly. She was probably losing her cheerful self as time passed. She had no idea how much longer she could live for. No matter how much she wanted to live. For him. For them.