Chapter 8

--->>> I love this photo.

----------------------------

Shio's POV

I stop at a tree, narrowing my eye.

I look at the treetops, a...human scream? It had begun already...so this is what is going to happen for five days straight. Well...do I have to kill? I can just take a Heaven scroll and just get the hell out. I don't need to go as far as killing my enemies if they're average...

If they're not average...then...

78 other people, 26 other teams...at least half of them will be natural enemies based on rules. Others...could just want to get at me becuase of more personal issues.

Tch, I smirk. It's so dense in this forest, that the sunlight doesn't even fully reach down here. This really sets the stage for an omionous feeling. I'll bet that Anko loves it; of course, she can simply sit outside and lean back. 

If you don't come back alive, I''ll kill you.

Don't worry Takashi, I've got this. But now...okay, I've run for at least seven minutes now. I let out all my excitement now. So...I have five days ahead of me. I should do something useful. There are forty-four gates, and all of them are spaced apart, proving the arena big. It is 10 kilometers to the center, and there is a single forest river. I close my eyes, remembering my walk around the perimeter. The distance between each gate...I walked about five gates to get to my own, and each took me about five minutes. So... I speed as fast as I can to the next location that is five minutes away from me. 

I hope you're doing well....Sakura.

Sasuke's POV

I deactivate my sharingan, he ran away. That stupid coward...I could have taken his scroll... 

The three of us sit quietly on the ground. Our shoulders are tense. Mine, especially. There's someone's chakra signature under the ground, and the pipe they are using to breath isn't exactly hidden. I can't believe Naruto and Sakura didn't notice. But now, I thought up a way to protect us, for a one time. 

"If the three of us get separated," I say, "don't trust anyone, even if he looks like one of us. There's a possiblity the enemy will transform and approach us. 

"Yes."

"So, what should we do?"

I smile on the inside. I hope the enemy is listening carefully. "Let's decide on a password."

"Huh?" Naruto asks, "A password?"

"If he gives a different password," I say, "then attack him no matter who he looks like okay?" I narrow my eyes, "I'm going to say this just once, so listen okay?" Here goes. "First you will ask, 'The Ninja Song Ninki?'  The answer is the following:

"It is a good chance when a large number of enemies is making a scene. There are no hideouts even in a quiet place. It is important for a ninja to know the right time. The time when the enemy is tired, and has his guard down.

"That's it," I finish.

Sakura smiles, "Okay." 

"Can you say it one more time?" Naruto begs.

Heh, perfect. I shake my head, "I said that I was only going to say it once."

"Could you not remember it at all?" Sakura scoffs, "Geez Naruto. I memorized it perfectly." 

"B-But Sakura-chan! That's not true! I memorized it perfectly too!" 

I stand up, "I'll keep the scroll."