Chapter- Fifty-four

I landed on the floor with a thud. Looking back at what I tripped over, rolling my eyes instantly when I see Spar.

"Babe, be more careful." Oliver chuckled as he came out from the bathroom.

"How can I when she cuts me off everywhere I go." I said pushing myself up to a sitting position and then standing.

"Maybe watch where she's going?" He suggested. I shook my head and went to the kitchen. I pulled out a bowl for cereal and quickly ate my breakfast. I was working most of the day today. I also had to go to my mom's bridal shower for four. So my plan was to work until three, come home and change, then wrap the gift. After that, I head down to my mom's house for the party.

I threw on clothes, kiss Oliver goodbye and went to work. It was going to be a busy with the sewing machine today. There was a pile of shirts that needed to be fixed. Then there were pants and dresses that needed to be hemmed. I had put pins in them yesterday and need to get them done asap. I think between the three piles the business will make an estimated six hundred dollars. But that is not including what comes in today. I hung the measuring tape around my neck and sat down in my chair.

Hours passed before I realized what time it was. I had less time than ever to get ready for the party. I dashed home and changed. I ate a light snack; to hold me over until dinner. Looking at the clock, my eyes bulged. I had five minutes. I grabbed a big bag and tissue paper. I shoved the item in and hid it with the paper. I taped the card on and ran out to my car.

I decided it was best to not drive like a maniac. I did not need a repeat or run in with another cop. I hated that fine, but I don't regret getting it. I was needed and I had to do it.

After my mom finished opening gifts, we ate dinner. I drifted off with a plate of food. I walked through the lonely halls of the house I once lived in with my mom. I stopped in the doorway of my old room. The closet door half open. I noticed my bed had not been touch, no wrinkle was seen in the comforter. I ran my hand along the mahogany dresser. Letting my finger run into the splintered wood of when I tried carving into my dresser.

I sat down on my bed and took in a fork full of feed. I could still smell the last time I used my perfume. It's weird how how long it's been. I always thought I would never leave home. I guess my mother was right. She always tried to make me believe that Oliver and I would end up sharing an apartment together, and now here we are sharing an apartment. She doesn't rub it in that she was right. She wanted me to see where I would end up. I still can't get over how good of a bond Oliver and I still have. Best friends forever is true with us. Yes we may be a couple, but he is still my best friend. He knows all of my secrets, my weaknesses and strengths, my habits, and well he knows me. The real me, and I think he is the only guy I would allow to see me like that. I love him. I love him so much. I don't love him to the moon and back though because that puts boundaries and limits to the relationship. Our relationship has no boundaries and is limitless. Nothing can stop us from having this power of love. No one will break it because we made it for ourselves. It is something only Oliver and I can understand.
Placing my plate in the trash, I walked over to my mom.

"I'm so happy for you." I said and took her into a tight hug.

"I'm happy for you as well. It's about damn time you did something with your life." She laughed.

"Hey, I had a life. Oliver just made it more interesting." I said and stuck my tongue out at her. She laughed and pinched my cheek.

"Get going, dear. Oliver is waiting for you." She told me.

"Alright, alright. I love you. I'll see you at the wedding." I said hugging her one last time and giving her a kiss goodbye.

***

Once I had arrived home, I was expecting him to be at the island counter waiting for me; he wasn't. I followed the line of rose petals. I narrowed my eyes because he had literally put them in a line. They were not scattered. I giggled at his weirdness. I slid my shoes off and dropped my keys on the key holder. I tip toed all the way into the bedroom. I shook my head as he wasn't in here either. I look at the outfit on the bed. It was not a bra and panty set, but a bikini top and bottom. I knew where he was. I pulled my sundress over my head and quickly changed. I followed the rest of the petals to the bathroom. I opened the door slowly, peeking in.
I shut the door behind me, and walked to the jacuzzi.

"You had to text my mom?" I questioned as I sat opposite of him. He smirked and threw his head back in laughter.

"I needed to get you here faster. You didn't answer my calls and plus your mom knew I had something planned." He told me.

"I'm glad this time I wasn't the one waiting. Don't need you to be hit by a truck again going after a cat." I laughed.

"This is true. Champagne, princess?" He asked as he held the glass out. He popped the top off and poured into the glass. I took it from him and took a small sip.

"Thanks." I smiled and placed it on the ledge next to me.

I was glad we had time to relax together.