Chapter One

"Get out of here, you loser!" I shouted to the dumb fifteen-year-old boy looking at my arse. "If I ever see you again in that shop, I'll rip your fucking balls off of your penis!" I threatened, and he started to run for his life.

Being a normal teenager wasn't something very easy. Even more difficult because I didn't quite understand why young boys were attracted to every lady they could lie eyes on. I mean, I'm no lady, and I'm only nineteen, but still. If I could, I'd ask Loktev if I could murder every youngster that looked at me with lust in their eyes. But maybe the rate of teenage deaths would increase too much, and I would get busted. Ah, I'll just find the guy's place, turn off his electricity, and kill his cat, if he owns one. That will show him how to behave.

"Hayley!" shouted Samantha, my boss. "If you aren't nicer to the clients, I swear to God, I'll have to fire you."

"But he was looking at my arse! God knows what he was thinking about!" I retorqued, trying to sound like a normal american teenager on her period. "I'm sorry if he was a pig! But would you accept being looked like that by a stranger?"

"No, of course dear, but be nicer." Samantha sighed, and I knew I had won.

I was horrible with customers, yes. Honestly, they annoyed the hell out of me, and so did my job. It was my bestfriend Lilly who had ordered me to get a job, and since she knew the owner of that M&S shop, she jumped on the opportunity. I wasn't pleased at all when I understood that the job was mine, and not hers to take. I had to wear nice clothes everytime I had work, and I had to talk to loads of annoying people all day. Meanwhile, Lilly was sitting on a chair in college, listening to some teacher rant about laws. But to be honest, I don't know which one was worse. I wouldn't like being trapped in college. But at least Lilly could skip classes whenever she felt like it. And she had holidays. I couldn't afford to be late even once, because I needed the money – we needed the money. I couldn't afford being fired. Even if I hated my job.

"Here's a new customer. Please behave, this time." Samantha whispered, before going back to the back of the shop.

I looked at the new customer, and saw it was a man. At least it wasn't a dumb kid. But I was the only one working right now, because Gavin, my colleague, was on his break, and everyone else was not here – they were either ill, or not working at all ... or maybe dead. I really hoped from the bottom of my heart that they were dead.

Yes, I was a violent person. But what did you expect from a girl working for the mafia? I wasn't a sweet girl, far from it. I longed for blood and hurt. I fed on panic. I was only truly happy when I saw someone on the verge of dying. I was only truly pleased when I saw the last bit of life slowly being drained from someone's eyes.

I watched the man carefully, he was looking at some plain tee-shirts. He wasn't that much taller than me, but rather well built. But there was something about him that made my head believe he was attractive. Very attractive. He had brown hair in a quiff, a strong jaw, and sunglasses on. Ray-Ban's. He was wearing jeans, and a dirty red sweater, but they suited him very well. He was very handsome from afar. And I could bet he was even more beautiful from close-up. He was hot.

As if he could feel my look on him, he looked my way, and gave me the sexiest smile anyone had ever given me. And damn, he had dimples on his cheeks. Damn it. Damn it, damn it.

"Excuse me, darling, but I was wondering if you had any clothes that could say 'I'm powerful but you still can joke with me'?" he asked, and I snorted lightly – I knew exactly what he needed, and clothes wouldn't be very helpful.

"To be honest with you, I don't have the slightest idea what clothes could mean that. I suck at fashion. Look at what I'm wearing." I told him, playing my sweet girl card, and heard the most beautiful sound coming out of his mouth – he was chuckling.