Chapter 3

A buzz goes off alerting everyone everyone that the conveyor belt is starting. Aiden puts the stone in his pocket along with the box. He then searches over each bag that passes by until he locates his. He grabs it and then loops his hands through the straps.

"All good?" My mom questions.

"Yup." He replies, patting his bag.

We make our way toward the exit and step outside in to the chilling winter air.

"It's supposed to snow tomorrow, Aiden. Exciting, right? We can have a snowball fight and make snow angles and all sorts of snow things!" I say.

"Yea, that does sound fun, Eri. I haven't seen snow in a while since the army has been moving me around to a lot of places that are usually pretty hot." He says, laughing breathlessly.

I grab his hand while we walk over to the car garage. We go to the elevators and step inside. I grab my moms arm.

"Can I push the button, Mom?" I ask.

"Go ahead, sweety."

I press my finger to the lit up number '3' as the doors close shut. I feel the jerk of the elevator as it climbs up past each floor until it reaches three. The doors slide open and we step out, making our way to the car. When we get there, mom unlocks it and I go to open the trunk so Aiden can put his bag in.

"Where's dad?" Aiden ask.

I look down and play with a rock on the ground with my foot.

"Well, he um... He's really sick and..."

"He's in the hospital, sweety. He said if they would let him get out of bed that he would come down here to see you." My mom says.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Aiden ask, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I didn't want to burden you with any bad news. You've already gone through so much that I thought it best that you didn't worry." My mom places a hand on his shoulder.

"But mom, That's news that I needed to know, whether it worried me or not. How could you keep that from me?"

"Sweety, I'm sorry. I just-"

"No, it's okay. Just please don't ever keep something important like that from me, whether it's good or bad news." He walks over to the passenger side door and grabs the handle.

"Wait! Sit with me in the back!" I yell to him before he opens the door.

"Okay okay. I'll sit with you."

I open the door and slide all the way to the other side and Aiden follows behind me. Mom gets in the drivers side and puts the key in the ignition.

"Ready to go?" she says, turning around to face us.

"Mhm." I say, nodding my head.

We back out of the parking space and drive toward the exit. Once we get out of the parking garage we drive towards the gate to give them our parking ticket back. After, we turn on to the highway and start heading home.

=============~=============

I've learned the secret of how to make the chapter longer! Mwhahah. Like I said, I am really slow and lazy when it comes to updates so....sorry o~o. Anywho, please do recommend this story to fellow Wattpadians and as always, thanks for reading

Until next time OwO

-trips on table on the way out- O_O

-Casually walks out-